Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Kevven's suggestion works!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
Reason: Failed write error at some point when connected via USB and transferring files.
Solution: Run a checkdisk from your computer.

1. Connect your N900 via USB in MASS STORAGE MODE
2. Open My Computer (in Windows)
3. Right click on either the N900 drive icon or the MICROSD card icon (whichever save directory is causing camera error)
4. Click Properties
5. Click the Tools tab on the top
6. Click Check Now under Error-Checking
7. Make sure 'Automatically fix file system errors' is checked ('Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors' checkbox recommended, but not necessary)
8. Click Start

http://forums.internettablettalk.com...d.php?p=722324
--------------------------------------------------
Please bring it to the nearest Nokia Customer Care centre since its still under warranty, there's nothing an end-user can do abt it. TQ
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...led/m-p/596731
---------------------------------------------------
Congrats on the N900 - I hope you're enjoying it otherwise!

To fix your problem, have you tried a hard rest?

• Remove the battery form the phone, whilst it is turned on.
• Remove the SIM card from the phone,
• Replace the battery in the phone,
• Turn the phone on for 10-15 minutes,
• Take the battery out whilst the phone is on,
• Replace the SIM card.
• Finally restart the phone.

After this, if it's still not working, I would recommend a factory reset ( :excl: this will delete all your data, so backup!), and / or connecting it to the Nokia Phone Updater Suite to see if there is a firmware update available - incidently, what firmware version are you on?

Let us know how you get on,

Daz

eForum Team
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/49...-is-it-faulty/

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Err I stated that I did all of this in the previous posts Thanks anyway for the detailed steps. I guess its repair

Gonna give it a last try flashing with a older firmware.

Update:
PR 1.1 didn`t work as well, fsck found no errors/bad clusters or anything wrong on the vfat partition or the SD card. Am shipping it tommorow.

Thank you all for the help

Last edited by acvetkov; 2010-08-01 at 11:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to acvetkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Hey man. I had this exact same problem. But luckily, i solved it . This is how i did it:
1. Backed up everything from my N900
2. COMPLETELY formatted the device. I don't mean reflashing. Connect your N900 to you computer in mass storage mode. And format it, but don't do quick format.
3. Reflash it with USA release firmware. That one solved the problem for me. I live in Europe and i tried both Europe and Global release, but USA release was the only one that worked.
4. Make sure that when you reflash you DON'T back up any programs. Install them one by one.
Reply back if you solved your problem.

Hello

I had the same problem after installing the fcam application and here is what worked for me.
1. Uninstall fcam application
2. Install the Blessn900 application
3. Restart

Hope that works for you

I started having the same camera problem, and also noticed the accelerometer wasn't working (didn't automatically bring up phone when display rotated, wouldn't detect orientation with phone app, etc.), and the slide switch often took a long time to blank the screen. Tried removing apps/chkdsk/reformat/reflash and nothing changed. I had noticed battery life decreasing, so I charged externally multiple times also. Just changed to a new battery and now everything is working normally. At least I got 7 months out of the original. Now I'm waiting for the USB connection to fail

I`ll tell the people fixing it to test these thing. The firmware one looks strange but... it has some logic I guess.

Thank you Will let you know what was the issue once I get it back.

It was camera "issue" something hardware I guess they changed it and now its fine. However I notice an empty file in the DCIM directory while copying the pictures back using scp:
.camera-ui.lock

Anyone have idea what is that file i.e. was this file causing the issue?

ls -latr .camera-ui.lock
-rwxr-xr-x 1 *** *** 0 2010-07-28 22:49 .camera-ui.lock

cat .camera-ui.lock

Edit:
Made a test, this file had nothing to do with the issue

Last edited by acvetkov; 2010-08-20 at 13:04.

I have same problem. Nothing helped, so I delivered to Nokia center and now they are replacing my camera hardware.

HI All,

I've done the disk check on both sd and phone and neither fixed the problem. I don't have fcam installed and uninstalled flashlight this didn't help either. I also uninstall panarama app and still nothing.

This only started happening 2 days ag0 :-( I've had my phone for almost a year now :-(

My Blog

I also ended up sending mine (bought in December) back and received a new one in less than a week. Seems likely to be related to the known charging problems, etc.