Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@Markkyboy

Thanks for your HideTutorialIcon patch.
I took it as base for the attached HideWeatherIcon patch which is quite useful when using MeeCast. As we know having MeeCast installed the Sailfish weather application does not work (blank window), so no need for this icon.
Would you like to take over and upload to PM?
Thanks, but I'll pass. I'm taking a break and having a sort out with all things SFOS.
I also enjoy using/modding sailfish-weather and was quite pleased to see that Jolla has incorporated basic weather data on the homescreen.

Regards,

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Thanks, but I'll pass. I'm taking a break and having a sort out with all things SFOS.
Having a break once in a while is nice but don't take too long one

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thanks for your HideTutorialIcon patch.
I never understood why you cannot simply uninstall Tutorial, like you used to.

I even asked Stskeeps but, in true Jolla fashion, he never bothered to reply.
Instead, I got flak from a fellow TMOer for daring to ask.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Thanks, indeed uninstalling from PM3 is working correctly. However, I still have a problem with my patches not always appearing in the list when installed.

I will email another log to you shortly. In this case, my patch "hide tutorial icon" is not showing in PM3's list....but it does show if I select "Unapply all patches" in PM3 pulley menu.

Notably, installing the patch again when already installed, we see notification "patch removed" then "patch installed" but this is not happening, now the only notification is "successful install", suggesting it is not installed?

Regards,
from where i can get this patch to test?

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I ran the magic incantation indicated here and got this:
Code:
-- Logs begin at Thu 2018-11-08 06:13:57 GMT, end at Thu 2018-11-08 08:10:39 GMT. --
Nov 08 08:09:05 Sailfish estart[2906]: [W] unknown:0 - Mandatory field "path" missing in entry on file "sailfishos-voicecall-combined-patch.json"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "harbour-pure-maps-patch ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "patch-remove-space-before-punctuations ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "eugenio-voicecallui-keypad-by-default ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "sailfishos-patchmanager-unapplyall ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "sailfishos-patch-hide-tutorial-icon ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "sailfishos-patch-freerotate-phone ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "sailfishos-patch-gallery-camera-shortcut ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "sailfish-weather-widget-patch ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "return-old-pulley-menu ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "disable-volume-warning ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "remorse-timeouts-control ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "ultimate-statusbar ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "voicecall-combined ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:08 Sailfish patchmanager[3320]: "sailfishos-patch-messages-layout ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:26 Sailfish estart[3374]: [W] unknown:0 - Mandatory field "path" missing in entry on file "sailfishos-voicecall-combined-patch.json"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "harbour-pure-maps-patch ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "patch-remove-space-before-punctuations ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "eugenio-voicecallui-keypad-by-default ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "sailfishos-patchmanager-unapplyall ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "sailfishos-patch-hide-tutorial-icon ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "sailfishos-patch-freerotate-phone ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "sailfishos-patch-gallery-camera-shortcut ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "sailfish-weather-widget-patch ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "return-old-pulley-menu ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "disable-volume-warning ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "remorse-timeouts-control ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "ultimate-statusbar ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "voicecall-combined ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
Nov 08 08:09:29 Sailfish patchmanager[3433]: "sailfishos-patch-messages-layout ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
I must say I am a bit confused. It looks like some kind of weird interaction between Patchmanager and Warehouse. Or maybe it is just the affected package alone. But it is 100% reproducible. Every time I update any package (the most recently it happened just now on updating the Mapbox GL QML plugin), this happens:
  • StartAsRoot for File-browser (package name 'filebrowserroot') disappears
  • Patch: StartAsRoot for File-browser (package name 'sailfishos-filebrowserroot-patch') appears in Patchmanager, disabled, unable to turn on
  • I can remove the patch in Patchmanager and it goes away, but reappears the next time I start Patchmanager
  • You may notice sailfishos-filebrowserroot-patch is not listed in the Patchmanager's log above
  • Going back to Warehouse, I see the patch installed instead of the standalone application
  • Unistalling the patch and installing the application in Warehouse fixes the problem - until the next time
package sailfishos-filebrowserroot-patch obsoletes filebrowserroot

nothing to do with patchmanager really

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
package sailfishos-filebrowserroot-patch obsoletes filebrowserroot

nothing to do with patchmanager really
Thank you, coderus. So it was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time as updating Packagemanager. I never used sailfishos-filebrowserroot-patch and never intended to, so I did not notice the obsoletion.

But I do not understand these two points. How can they be explained by simply replacing one package with another?
  • I can remove the patch in Patchmanager and it goes away, but reappears the next time I start Patchmanager
  • You may notice sailfishos-filebrowserroot-patch is not listed in the Patchmanager's log above

(Not criticizing or questioning anything, just trying to understand.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thank you, coderus. So it was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time as updating Packagemanager. I never used sailfishos-filebrowserroot-patch and never intended to, so I did not notice the obsoletion.

But I do not understand these two points. How can they be explained by simply replacing one package with another?

(Not criticizing or questioning anything, just trying to understand.)
Removing patches was fixed in latest pm3, plesae try again

For other MakeSomethingRoot issues report this behaviour to maintainer: Schrurman

Removing patches was fixed in latest pm3, plesae try again
Ahh, OK, thanks. I noticed that update but did not join the dots.
For some reason it only affected this one patch for me, all others uninstalled fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Ahh, OK, thanks. I noticed that update but did not join the dots.
For some reason it only affected this one patch for me, all others uninstalled fine.
Because it is broken somehow and should be fixed by author

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
from where i can get this patch to test?
Why do you need to patch to test?, this problem affects ANY & ALL patches, it just so happens that "hide tutorial icon" was in use at the time of writing.

Regardless, here is a link for the requested patch;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9nkpqxo23...oarch.rpm?dl=0

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os