Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I have a bug report here. Not quite sure it has been mention already.

If a folder has the swedish å ä or ö letters in them they wont unfold/expand on double click. There is no way of getting to the files if this is the case.

/ Claes

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
I have a bug report here. Not quite sure it has been mention already.

If a folder has the swedish å ä or ö letters in them they wont unfold/expand on double click. There is no way of getting to the files if this is the case.

/ Claes
Alright, I think someone mentioned non-unicode chars, there the dropbox provided lib throws some exceptions and I'm pretty sure I cant do much about that. This how ever was new to me and should be fixable, I will investigate and get back to you here. Can you specify if you created the folders with DropN900 or they were already in your dropbox? I will test both either way, just trying to narrow it down.

I also have received bug report to mail about some themes showing the tree widget weirdly. The header columns seem to get too wide, especially the size column. This will hide the text on the name columns and the app basically is unusable if you don't resize the columns by hand. I will investigate this also, please report any theme bugs you may encounter. But the theme name up also so I can download it for testing.

Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
i would like for recursive sync in both directions at the same time, so my folder on the pc has the same content as my folder on the phone no matter on which device i add the content, no fuss, just press sync.
the option to have other folders sync with different preferences , ie just upload for photos taken with the phone would also be great.
then id like you to port it to ubuntu as this will be way more functional than thier own pc app. only jokin on the last one there mate lol but its true nontheless.
great work dude
Well, I will make both features. Just thinking what to do next The camera thing will be quite trivial an take me one night, so I think I'll start with that. But probably do the upload sync also for the one path we have now before I push.

Porting this to ubuntu is same as commenting out ~10-20 lines that include usage of the PyQt4.QtMaemo5 lib I actually did a automated system at first before I moved from windows to ubuntu/scratchbox so that if the lib is not present, just the banners/other maemo spesific ui things are not shown.

Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
I can confirm this. I created a folder inside dropbox's default photos folder called "Veeran syntymä" using Windows XP client/daemon. Then synced photos from my camera to this particular folder. After dropbox synced files I couldnt open/expand the folders with DropN900.

Btw I agree with Frank about the name DropN900 being too specific for N900. I'm sure this will be very popular client for coming MeeGo devices as well :P Though I have nothing against the name.

Originally Posted by jonnenau View Post
I also have received bug report to mail about some themes showing the tree widget weirdly. The header columns seem to get too wide, especially the size column. This will hide the text on the name columns and the app basically is unusable if you don't resize the columns by hand. I will investigate this also, please report any theme bugs you may encounter. But the theme name up also so I can download it for testing.
Using D-Iivil's D-Theme Smooth Blue and I have similar problem as you described.
Attached Images

This unicode **** is starting to get on my nerves. I basically have to do checks for everything that is sent to the network as params or path etc. Then in turn have to convert stuff back or again when I update the ui. QStrings and python unicode things seem to have problems with comparing also.

I can now get metadata/upload/rename with folders/files that have öäå. Download is still broken and half of ui like transfers show öäå all screwed up. I can't publish this kind of hack code to anyone, once I figure out how to do this properly I will write it again cleaner.

For themes: I can't define background color for the header items, as in carbon its red :E Those are not QWidgets so no help from stylesheets. Their setters for bg is not accepting anything. sizeHint() also seems to do basically nothing. But I tried to make sure the first column is wider, havent tested on the N900 and am running a bit out of ideas. Seems that when you go deeper than just using QWidgets and etc basic stuff there is more and more bugs in PyQt4 maemo... plah. With C++ i have gotten used that if something is said in the Qt docs it works, not here.

Edit: Doing this unicode stuff will potentially break a lot of things if I wont take my sweet time with this. If I cannot do this properly then I will leave and try again later. I guess this touches quite few people and they can rename folders/files if they want stuff working. Of course this is not optimal but I'd rather push out upload sync and other things than spend 2 weeks on this.

Edit 2: Just found some good articles about unicode and python. I have hope now I can do it properly. I will make everything unicode inside my app and send utf-8 out to network as I already did to get the öäå folder metadatas etc working. Ill just mod my data classes to have some util functions for checking and converting and make all my str into unicode. The Qt ui should understand unicode when im pushing those to ui so that part i can propably skip.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-08-03 at 22:46.

dropn900-0.1.4-1 now available as a download/update!
  • Bug fix: Certain themes had column width problems, so you could not see the item names without manual resize.
  • Bug fix: Upload goes through, but fails on internal callback after thread finishes. This resulted in not fetching the new metadata automatically for parent folder after upload.
  • App now uses unicode internally and for networking encodes to utf-8.
  • --- Scandic letter now work and have been tested, any chars in utf-8 should work also of course.
  • --- Tested files/paths with scandic chars: rename, new folder, download, remove, but on upload with scandics in file name dropbox refuses with "forbidden" response. This seems to be the only limitation.
  • --- Errors on upload should show in transfers widget, and the transfer is set to failed state.
  • --- Login email/password can now have non-ascii chars also.

Non-ascii chars in files and paths.

D-Iivil's D-Theme Smooth Blue fixed.

Carbon theme fixed.

Unfortunately for the carbon theme red header column I could not find a way to override it. This might be a bug or intentional color for the theme itself. I am sure I'm not painting red anywhere with stylesheets or from code But this theme is now usable with dropn900 imo.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
The app just keeps getting better and better Scandic folder now work but when I first opened dropN900, the Name column width was still quite narrow and i had to resize it manually. Using Smooth Blue theme.

PS. How about adding version number into About dialog so we could easily verify that we do have a latest update installed

So have now heard back from both Jaykie and the email dude about this release not fixing the issue. This is weird to me as this "width" is not stored anywhere, its only defined in the stylesheet. I am using same version and same themes as you guys and seems to work. I have no more great ideas how to fix this, you'll have to resize the column by hand from the ui for now. I will get back to this later and squash it!

Jaykie: Good idea as even the app managers update information doesn't show the versions quite clearly.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-08-05 at 12:49.

Hi, does this application support the ability to stream media from the Dropbox account?