Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
The RAZR itself was a huge success though, you have to admit that. I do know it had hinge problems and my freinds had easily damaged screens but it was so vogue at the time.
Your point was about phone devaluation. I'm pointing out that the RAZR suffered far, far more from it than the N900 has due to Moto's severe mismanagement. There are other examples too, such as some Palm models.

Ironically, in the end, the RAZR was a victim of its success. Not a risk for the N900.

It will be a Meego device but not necessarily from Nokia - on the hardware side their user support has been awful.

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
It will be a Meego device but not necessarily from Nokia - on the hardware side their user support has been awful.
Nokia has really got to fix reverse logistics. I will keep harping on them until they do!

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
After the bad experience of getting support for N900 from Nokia, would you buy your next mobile from nokia as your next mobile phone ?

If you don't like this topic, please don't reply..... Thanks
Probably not as my primary mobile, unless they can supersede the competitions' software stack (in terms of features and functions) in a few brief months. But I like their hardware and general design.

Sign me up.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Yes I will.
the N900 is the best thing ever happened

The Following User Says Thank You to StOoZ For This Useful Post:
Difficult one for me. I have been a Nokia fanboy a decade and have never owned anything else as my primary phone. I waited like 6 months for the N97 and got it as soon as it came out then returned it after 3 days as it was so terrible and went back to using my N95 before assessing my next move.

Then I stumbled on the N900 on youtube and decided to give Nokia another chance. Then waited for about 6 months for it to come out. I really really hate and love the N900. I hate it because mine has been plagued with so many bugs, it stutters like crazy in scrolling and media play back, the telephone functions are totally rubbish compared to my previous Nokias and on top of that my usb port is faulty and Nokia are refusing to fix it under warranty because they say they do not do international warranties (I bought it in US but live in UK).

I love it because I love how you can customize everything about it, it has 32gb internal memory a keyboard and Conboy notes.

It is clear that I am not just going to do what I have always done in the past which is buy the top of the range Nokia. Competition is just to fierce for that now. What has prevented me jumping to Android so far is the lack of keyboard devices and lack of internal memory. I have just seen the Samsung Epic which looks truly epic - has a 5 row keyboard and is very fast and smooth unlike my N900. The internal memory issue has still not been addressed though.

I will wait to see what the meego device has to offer as I presume meego will be as customisable as maemo 5 and it will have a keyboard and 32gb internal storage. I will then compare it with the android phones available. If Nokia's offering does not surpass them by far then it is goodbye Nokia for me unless there is still no android with huge internal storage and keyboard.

If I could specify my next device (like you can specify car options) it would definitely most certainly not be Nokia though. It would be a device made by HTC with keyboard (with dedicated number keys so 4 or 5 rows), 32gb internal memory and micro sd card slot and running android (not meego - think I will get meego tablet instead as interface looks far superior to the handset interface) and a screen of 4 to 5 inches.

No more Nokia. Fact -- no support. Fact -- great community.
But this community can't fix closed applications. Can't fix broken input and skype. Can't fix broken desktop.
If Nokia **** on me, I don't want to buy more nokia products.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kenga For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I would like to emphasize my point that MOTOROLA currently has better device support than Nokia. Think about that.

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
n900 has probably taught users to wait with any Nokia new release, as there is a good chance they will abandon the device and/or offer shoddy product development if past history is anything to go by.

But as long as the hardware is Kosher and quality and there is sufficient independence i.e community and different operating systems installed, as well as the user being able to adapt to fixes and challenges (not that they should have to) one can find reasons to buy the device.
Boy , oh boy....
I feel sad looking at your "waiting for" list in your signature. I don't think it's ever going to get shorter.

Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
If Nokia has no plan to do some improvement, I think the same topic may be posted again and again.....

Nokia has already lost a lot of market share in mobile phone, if they don't learn from this lesson then more and more people will say good bye to Nokia....
Nokia will learn once its market share falls below apple, HTC, motorola etc.(If it isn't already)

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!