Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
* I have a N810

* I'm interested to see and use both a community SSU and Mer on my device. I think both are important - community SSU for when I want to "just" have an improved Diablo, and Mer when I'm feeling brave enough to move to Maemo 5 apps.

* I'm willing to contribute with: testing (as long as it is easy! That is, not having to compile from source).

* If Mer would happen, I would then be able to use Maemo 5 apps (I hope).

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Have a N800 but not used anymore due to the screen constant rolling. So I got a N810 WiMAX, nice replacement.

*I am interested in using mer that has WiMAX

* I'm willing to contribute by testing new apps

I now use my N810 for: Internet Radio (while on the road I can keep up with home news) with the stereo speakers it allows me to listen while not having to carry it around with a headset while in my hotel room.

Log in to my vpn dd-wrt router (while on the road/hotels/airports) with openvpn where I can securely stream my music (flac) from Ampache, surf the net and make voip calls.

DialCentral... what can I say about it, a Swiss Knife of communication tool.

Boingo Mobile unlimited for $8.00 a month world wide makes caring my N810 on the road a no brainier, and Clearwire 4g is icing on the cake!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I am on my second N800, bought my first in 2007.

I use it more than any other electronic device. I presently enjoy testing and reporting bugs in great Diablo apps such as "FlipClock", "Vagalume", "Seqretary PIM (with sound recorder)", "Digia @scene", "Xournal", "Theremin", and :YouAmp".

My only limitation on my N800 is that I would love to see a Diablo version of "iSolo" (not the Palm emulation).

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I wanna add some:

* If the casual hardware will works fine, I would then be able to print the documents, plug the cellphones, cameras, scanners etc to download the information and files from it.

Last edited by Kroll; 2010-02-15 at 15:12.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Berkshire
I have an N810.

I use it mostly for web browsing (Tear), but also for watching movies and TV programmes, and listening to music and downloaded radio programmes with MediaBox (I still use my E51 for podcasts, the interface is easier to use), notes with xournal, e-books with FBreader, email with Claws.

I don't really want to move to the N900 because the screen is smaller (I got the N810 because I was finding it more difficult to read the screen on my phone), and it's too big as a phone, and too expensive for something apparently less robust than the N810. Some of the extra features would be nice to have (TV output, better interfaces), as well as increased speed.

I'd like to see updates of the programmes I use (Tear and Mediabox still have some annoying quirks, but development seems to have stopped), or replacements for them.

I'm willing to help with testing.

What's the community SSU?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
* I have an N810

* I'm interested to see and use;
- A fully working version of Mer,
- An update to YellowNotes ,
- An improved Twitter client.

* I'm willing to contribute with beta-testing and feedback

I don't like Tear (too many bugs/quirks) and would like to see MicroB browser continued.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I have an N800.
Assuming I can do something about screen glare I will keep it.
*I'm interested to see
-A desktop twitter and FB widget
-Mer working
-RTComm working with Yahoo
-RTComm working with Gizmo Account.

-I am willing to test, complain and blog about my experiences.
-I will thank whoever updates this thing and keeps MaemoMapper working.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

The Following User Says Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
This is funny. The ITT site is shut down and everything is done but use beaters and dogs to drive away tablet users and then a survey is taken to see if anyone is left.

Sure you won't shoot me if I respond?

I have an N800, N810 and N900.

I can test. I would like to run MER but now that the old community has been decimated, maybe giving up and just doing more Diablo development is more practical.

I think that what really SHOULD happen is that the ITT site should be reestablished for people who are fans of tablets whether from Nokia or not.

But that's just me.
Actually I agree with pretty much all you said

I also grew tired of Nokia's lack of support of the N810 and ended up getting another phone than the N900 (and the N900 came out just as I was looking for one). The sour taste from the N810-support did influence my purchase decision I must admit.

Anyway, the N810 is a great device but maybe;

- Due to lower userbase would it be possible to simply continue with Diablo releases rather than a whole new OS.

- ITT or any sort of separate forum for N770.N800/N810 users would be great. I think it's been shown that talk.maemo.org is not that willing to change to accommodate legacy-app users and rather than spend a year in some Brainstorming exercise a new forum might be a much cleaner way.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-02-15 at 18:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
I own and love my N810.

I'm interested in seeing Mer and more app developement. I'm not sure if it is due to hardware limitation, but I'm interested in seeing my movies play without any choppiness.

Although my programming skills are somewhat limited, I would love to contribute in any way possible

Last edited by cheetos316; 2010-02-16 at 01:08.

* I have a N800

* I'm interested to see and use a full operating system that can run comfortably... I want to get Debian or something working well so that I can easily use things like synergy, command line, etc. comfortably, although in the constraints of the low-spec device, while still being able to use it for the main things I do now.. MP3 player, Web browser, E-mail client

* I'm willing to contribute with testing. I do not depend on the N800 as I used to so I can play around with alpha level stuff and so forth.

* If a fully working and comfortable Debian or similar OS would happen, I would then be able to do everything

The Following User Says Thank You to puritanic829 For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810