Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Also worth pointing out it has been reported on KP thread.
So this may not be related to CSSU at all and more KP52.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Hmmm...I got a major problem on my phone....last 5 days, my devices status bar disappear....i cannot enter any app/settings...if i try to open any of them, my phone stuck....

screenshot....

can anyone help me please????

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
That happens when hildon-desktop crashes so often that dkms refuses to restart it.

(Maybe it just disgusted by this windows 7 wallpaper)

Last edited by hxka; 2013-01-06 at 12:47.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
That happens when hildon-desktop crashes so often that dkms refuses to restart it.

(Maybe it just disgusted by this windows 7 wallpaper)
any solution for it????

(can't change wallpaper until my devices problem is fixed )

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Full output is better then all values can be compared.

Total wakeups seems high for idle and screen off.
Quick reply...
Here, two outputs from calling powertop, separated by several hours. I should note, just in case, that powertop is being run as non-root from X-Terminal, and no windows are open, no strenuous activities are undertaken - at most, cellular GSM connection, no Internet browsing, no phone calls, no SMS, no GPS. And yes, the screen is locked-black as much as possible: 11 seconds of sleep are ample time to lock the screen with the hardware slider.
Best wishes. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Powertop.txt (10.4 KB, 109 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Reason why your battery drains is obvious: your device always stays in C0 CPU state ("full awake"). According to your usage info, it should be >90% in C4 state...

But why I do not have an idea. Powertop output does not offer (at least to me) any info.

Did you check with simple top, if there is something running in background keeping the CPU up all the time?

--edit
you should run powertop always as root.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
@peterleinchen, Why does powertop not offer any info? Firstly it offers the C# states, if your phone wont go in c4, you know something is not right and you can look further.

What process or piece of hardware is taking up your batteryjuice, high activity numbers equals high juice-consumption. One time xbindkeys went mad on my device and I was able to find xbindkeys in the list of powertop. Killed it, ran powertop, fixed it.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Maybe that particular dictionary bug hits? My device at least is in C3 and C4 states often enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
@peterleinchen, Why does powertop not offer any info?
I was misunderstood Or i was incomprehensible
Of course powertop gives useful info, but not enough to know what is going on in that particular case. Just to know CPU stays in C0 state.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
I still use batterygraph, since it's the easiest way to get a graph of battery's charge. And bizarrely, it showed "charge up" (from 480 to 730 mA) when no charging was done. Maybe, the insane temperature is at fault; between 37 and 49 Celsius, from battery's standpoint; 38 Celsius is the highest today, according to weather forecast.
I will wait and see. Maybe, the bug will have cured itself soon. I had 'red battery' this morning; maybe, the fever has broken today? Ah, my endless anthropomorphism...
Best wishes.
[/Edit]
Attached Images

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2013-01-07 at 13:02.

Tags
cssu testing