P.S. Is there an easy (and still safe!!!) way to turn back the repositories to 2.0.5.6? Something like ssu re 2.0.5.6 maybe?

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Me again...

So, I tried
Code:
ssu re 2.0.5.6
pkcon refresh
zypper in jolla-configuration-tbj jolla-hw-adaptation-tbj
The result was the same: 'jolla-hw-adaptation-tbj' not found in package names etc.

Afterwards, I also re-tried the whole thing with ssu re 2.1.3.7 - still the same result.

So, I guess we'll need a hint where to find jolla-configuration-tbj and jolla-hw-adaptation-tbj. Any ideas?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
I made a mistake in the previous post. It should be:
Code:
zypper in pattern:jolla-configuration-tbj pattern:jolla-hw-adaptation-tbj

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for your help, @TheKit!

Alas, I managed to get myself into another mess. It seems like my Onda can't get into the store (after having removed a lot of rpms). In your list I am stuck at the first version --dup.

It seems like my Onda has forgotten it's Jolla credentials (agh!). Now the "Settings" in the GUI won't start, so I can't re-enter my username and password. Is there a way to enter the Jolla credentials on the command line?

Edit: I found ag-tool but don't know how to use it.

Any help will be appreciated!

Code:
[root@Sailfish nemo]# version --dup
REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES
[0 %] [Download] droidmedia 0.20180406.1-1.7.3: [100 %]
Error: Installation aborted by user

Finished transaction (status=2, runtime=97889ms)
UPGRADE NOT COMPLETE - Retry 1 of 9
Waiting 1 seconds before retry.
REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES
Refreshing: 8%

Refreshing: 75%
Message: adaptation0: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
adaptation1: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
aliendalvik: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
sailfish-eas: Store credentials not received. Failed to activate service 'com.jolla.jollastore': timed out
store: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
xt9: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Last edited by dubliner; 2019-05-02 at 17:43.

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Any help will be appreciated!
Have you tried running
Code:
pkcon refresh
It might not help but I exprienced some trouble with Jolla credentials earlier and that helped. I know it is an often suggested solution but then again in my own experience roughly 90% of any installation/upgrade problems I've come across have been resolved by it.
YMMV

EDIT: My bad, you actually have done that. Sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention to earlier messages.

Last edited by tmi; 2019-05-02 at 23:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
It worked!!! \o/

Before everyone stops reading: After the installation, I now only have four keyboard layouts: Emoji, English and what looks like two Chinese layouts.

How do I install more keyboard layouts?

Edit: Easily fixed, just run devel-su zypper in jolla-keyboard-layout-all

Back to the topic at hand...

Eventually, I had to reinstall SFOS with the installer from scratch (version 2.0.1.7). An intermediary attempt at first upgrading to 2.0.5.6 before proceeding failed again.

In the end, I used the installer once again and ran through the instructions in one go.

There was one curious thing that came up but didn't seem to matter in the end:

Code:
[root@Jolla nemo]# zypper in pattern:droid-compat-v820w
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: pattern:droid-compat-v820w-0.0.1-10.8.1.jolla.noarch requires droid-compat-v820w-droid-system, but this requirement cannot be provided
  uninstallable providers: droid-compat-v820w-droid-system-0.0.1+master.20190420220535.ed0e0f4-1.13.1.jolla.i486[tmp-compat-v820w]
 Solution 1: do not install pattern:droid-compat-v820w-0.0.1-10.8.1.jolla.noarch
 Solution 2: break pattern:droid-compat-v820w-0.0.1-10.8.1.jolla.noarch by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): 2
Resolving dependencies...
Also my tablet seemed to be a little confused about the versions it was running during the process. Alas, it did not interfere.

Code:
,---
| Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 (Mouhijoki)
'---

[root@Sailfish nemo]# ssu re 3.0.0.8
Changing release from 3.0.0.8 to 3.0.0.8
Your device is now in release mode!
And a little later...

Code:
,---
| Sailfish OS 3.0.0.8 (Lemmenjoki)
'---

[root@Sailfish nemo]# ssu re 3.0.2.8
Changing release from 2.2.0.29 to 3.0.2.8
Your device is now in release mode!
@TheKit, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for all that work!!!

Last edited by dubliner; 2019-05-07 at 16:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
I also managed to upgrade, wohoo!

There were trouble at first with the repositories and/or credentials etc. and I didn't seem to be able to fix those so it was best to start all over from the start.

Updated also my repo if I need to do this again in the future.

Huge thanks once more to TheKit and also to dubliner for trailblazing & good info.

Just wondering, does Bluetooth work for you? Nothing happens when I tap it.

dmesg: bcm_bt_lpm ... Error evaluating UART port number

Also, in AIDA64 all the sensors remain empty. I noticed this when I wasn't able to change the orientation. Didn't they use to work?

@tmi, you suggested installing jolla-settings-system-sideloading in your repo, however, I keep being asked for a password. How did you manage to do that?

Edit: Duh, I just needed to use zypper instead of pkcon. jolla-settings-system-sideloading is installed now!

Last edited by dubliner; 2019-05-05 at 14:00.

Just wondering, does Bluetooth work for you? Nothing happens when I tap it.
BT tries to turn on but fails (shows briefly "on" via the quick buttons/top menu, keeps on flashing the dot via Settings). So no, it's not working... maybe it also needs a manually installed package? I haven't used BT with the tablet so I cannot say if it was working earlier or not.

Also, in AIDA64 all the sensors remain empty. I noticed this when I wasn't able to change the orientation. Didn't they use to work?
Accelometer, Compass, Orientation Sensor & Rotation Sensor give readings in Aida64 and I can turn the orientation to landscape just fine.

@tmi, you suggested installing jolla-settings-system-sideloading in your repo, however, I keep being asked for a password. How did you manage to do that?

Edit: Duh, I just needed to use zypper instead of pkcon. jolla-settings-system-sideloading is installed now!
Glad you got it installed with zypper! I don't ever remember being asked for a password when using pkcon.

FYI I'm running 3.0.3.8 Hossa as I've signed for EA releases, no developer updates/repos, though.

Originally Posted by tmi View Post
BT tries to turn on but fails [...] maybe it also needs a manually installed package? I haven't used BT with the tablet so I cannot say if it was working earlier or not.
To be quite honest, I don't remember with any certainty whether I used to have BT working on the tablet. I always thought so, but who knows... Bluetooth shows up as version 3.0 on Aida64. So, I really wonder what might be missing...

Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Accelometer, Compass, Orientation Sensor & Rotation Sensor give readings in Aida64 and I can turn the orientation to landscape just fine.
That's interested. I kept rebooting my Onda for several times, but no luck. All of the sensors are left blank on Aida64. sigh... Might your different outcome have something to do with your upgrade to Hossa? BTW, I am looking forward to doing that myself. Yet, I will wait for the release (can't be too much longer, can it? ).