Hi there,

Finally I'm quite usable back again (got hit by car) so I can to fight with Maemo back again There is a guide how to chroot our lovely Maemo https://youtu.be/OqFHivcPIRM but on Pro1 there is weird error when upgrading libc6:
Code:
ERROR: Your kernel version indicates a revision number                                                                                            of 255 or greater.  Glibc has a number of built in                                                                                                assumptions that this revision number is less than 255.                                                                                           If you\'ve built your own kernel, please make sure that any                                                                                       custom version numbers are appended to the upstream                                                                                               kernel number with a dash or some other delimiter
uname -r shows
Code:
4.4.269-perf+
Never had issue like this so maybe someone knows how to safely fix that one?

Edit: Works nice, not as fluent as on N900 or Droid right now; can't wait for native build

Last edited by Trzyzet; 2021-05-30 at 21:57.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
[...]
Code:
ERROR: Your kernel version indicates a revision number                                                                                            of 255 or greater.  Glibc has a number of built in                                                                                                assumptions that this revision number is less than 255.                                                                                           If you\'ve built your own kernel, please make sure that any                                                                                       custom version numbers are appended to the upstream                                                                                               kernel number with a dash or some other delimiter
uname -r shows
Code:
4.4.269-perf+
For background information on this, see https://lwn.net/Articles/845120/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
I know what was happened, but still, thank you for providing info. I need to find working solution because I can't preload some script to skip this because when trying to preload the script it spits out error
Code:
ERROR: ld.so: object 'uname.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
Okay, in desperation I edited libc6 deb package and removed kernel version check

So simply copy deb file to the /data/local/leste and run
Code:
dpkg -i libc6_fixed.deb
before step 12 in Upgrading Maemo Leste Ascii to Maemo Leste Bewoulf guide.

File is here: http://trzyzet.usite.pl/pliczgi/libc6_fixed.deb

Last edited by Trzyzet; 2021-05-30 at 20:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks for this!

For the record, TheKit also had something running on Pro1 SailfishOS using nspawn: https://github.com/NotKit/maemo-leste-fxtec-pro1-debos

Code:
systemd-nspawn -D /home/maemo-leste --bind /run/display --bind /system --bind /vendor --bind /dev/socket --bind /dev/__properties__ --bind /dev/hwbinder --bind /dev/kgsl-3d0 --bind /dev/ion --register=false
But I believe TheKit did other undocumented changes to run it.

Unfortunately it's a very early image and RGB channels are mixed up, with probably some other bugs, and as far as I know he didn't continue working on it, but perhaps it can be adapted to later Maemo Leste images. Also, there are a couple people who managed to compile the mainline kernel candidate from @Kholk on Pro1 using the corresponding Somainline's Github branch; from there it might be possible to run Leste natively too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
error, fxtec, fxtec pro1, leste, libc6