Originally Posted by hagiz View Post
I'm so close to buying an xz2c because of this, but if I want to copy dalvik files for android support, do I need to also buy a (tall)supported phone in addition to the licence, just to get the files?

Haven't used sailfish since my Xperia X died two years ago, as I am dependent on a few select android apps in my daily life.
Yes, you would need to do that. Alao, with the state of the port currently being aarch64-base, your only option would be Xperia 10 II, (and then buy a license). I'm considering buying one just for that reason. I already have an XA2 that I bought for that, but no good anymore since port base changed...

Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Yes, you would need to do that. Alao, with the state of the port currently being aarch64-base, your only option would be Xperia 10 II, (and then buy a license). I'm considering buying one just for that reason. I already have an XA2 that I bought for that, but no good anymore since port base changed...
So 100eur for a used xz2c, 50eur for lisence and 170eur for used x10ii. At least I can lock the bootloader again and sell the x10ii, but it seems a bit too much to bother.

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
At some point Jolla was talking about enabling Dalvik and other licensed software on unofficial ports. Haven't had updates regarding it recently, though.

The is one more way - get xz2c and nothing licensed. use current Android phone for apps that need it.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
I read something on xda about oemv6 support wwith latest AOSP roms for XZ2c. Seems like it brings camera improvements ...
Do you mean AOSP 11 from the following link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...#post-85494503

or the one for AOSP10 (EOL) in the following link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/e...-10-0.3975021/

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
At some point Jolla was talking about enabling Dalvik and other licensed software on unofficial ports. Haven't had updates regarding it recently, though.

The is one more way - get xz2c and nothing licensed. use current Android phone for apps that need it.
I just ordered two used xz2c's really cheap and upgraded my cell plan to include a data sim. My other phone had a faulty sim tray so already used two anyway. One old nokia e6 for texts and calls, and halfway broken xz1c for android stuff.

Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
Do you mean AOSP 11 from the following link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...#post-85494503

or the one for AOSP10 (EOL) in the following link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/e...-10-0.3975021/
11...(10 chars)

Is it possible to ask the flash.sh script to only flash AOSP10 and not SailfishOS? I would like to test something on my phone.

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Is it possible to ask the flash.sh script to only flash AOSP10 and not SailfishOS? I would like to test something on my phone.
No, there is no AOSP10 in the image - it is already altered by hybris

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your answer. I ended up flashing a stock SONY image using newflasher on linux.
Unfortunately my phone has a network problem that appears in Android and thus SFOS. It all started with the phone becoming very hot and after that the network disappeared. It sometimes comes back a little while, like today, but then disappears again to not come back anymore.
I will try to open the phone and eventually change the antenna frame...
None of you ever had this and knows better? (sorry for the off-topic)

Thank you for your answer. I ended up flashing a stock SONY image using newflasher on linux.
Unfortunately my phone has a network problem that appears in Android and thus SFOS. It all started with the phone becoming very hot and after that the network disappeared. It sometimes comes back a little while, like today, but then disappears again to not come back anymore.
I will try to open the phone and eventually change the antenna frame...
None of you ever had this and knows better? (sorry for the off-topic)
which model is that? I had a similar issue with xz3, it seems to work now ok but I do not trust it much since then. I have not noticed the device getting warm but become unstable losing the network subsystem mobile/wifi and becoming unstable. The trick was to keep the phone in a warm place ~30C for example, fully charge it and flash to android. Kept it running like that for a week and seemed stable, after few initial reboots, then if can be flashed back to SFOS.

I know it sounds voodoo but that's the only way I managed to revive that device twice. I also noticed that if I turn the phone off for some period the problem reappeared.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post: