Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Ok, ok, here it is.

ETA: Why didn't you just paste the contents above into your conf file? I pasted you the original.
Attached Files
File Type: zip daemon.zip (408 Bytes, 72 views)

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Which bug is that?
The one i quoted? Did i miss something?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that OC to 900 MHz helps none. It's not a matter of power.
If anything mine seems worse now that it goes to 810 MHz. I'd agree with that statement.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
The one i quoted? Did i miss something?
It was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. I meant, that describes a heapload of bugs in bugzilla.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
If you want to see proper stuttering of the media player, try it with a bluetooth headset!

It's absolutely ridiculous, CPU usage can go up to 60% with combined pulseaudio+mediaplayer and it drops like crazy.

If you add to that the fact that playing mp3's is offloaded to the DSP that gives you an idea of how many resources it takes.

Using pulseaudio on such a low power device was a bad idea, and it shows, the device barely cope with it hence the stuttering.

Originally Posted by fmo View Post
If you want to see proper stuttering of the media player, try it with a bluetooth headset!

It's absolutely ridiculous, CPU usage can go up to 60% with combined pulseaudio+mediaplayer and it drops like crazy.

If you add to that the fact that playing mp3's is offloaded to the DSP that gives you an idea of how many resources it takes.

Using pulseaudio on such a low power device was a bad idea, and it shows, the device barely cope with it hence the stuttering.
Pulseaudio was such a pain in Ubuntu as well. At least until very recently. It has improved a lot in Lucid. To be honest, Someone from Pulseaudio actually blamed Ubuntu for poor implementation.
So, Nokia should take the blame

Originally Posted by dushkin View Post
In short, would you guys still recommend N900 as a good overall phone?
If you define phone as it makes and receives phone calls then yes. If your expecting features like groupable contacts than no.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by fmo View Post
Really? That's the only way I listen to audio on my N900, and it's pretty good. (Usually with a stereo BT headset!)

Originally Posted by dushkin View Post
In short, would you guys still recommend N900 as a good overall phone?
If you're the type to say "Hm... Why is this not working?" and look for an answer and type in a few things to fix it, yes. If you're the type to say "Dump Phone! I hate you for not working!" and smash it against a rock to try to "fix" it, no.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
But still I think OS should not get to state where it is unresponsive to any user input for several minutes
Careful... the UI is not the OS. This is unix/linux, the UI is a process, just like anything else, and is not part of the OS at all. You can change the priority of the UI just like you can with the audio process or anything else. (Though I don't recommend doing so.)

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
The common thing in these lock ups were Mappero.
To be fair, it is talking to lots of things, between caching images on the file system, maybe pulling tiles over the network, checking the GPS, updating the UI... That's pretty intense.

Personally I have setup a script to launch/nice Mappero when it starts so it has a lower (if not the lowest) priority. So sometimes it pauses (usually just before a turn which it tells me of as I pass it), but the system as a whole can keep up.

woody14619, mine sharing the script? I'm guessing it nices the process.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
woody14619, mine sharing the script? I'm guessing it nices the process.
Sure. I just un-linked /usr/bin/maemo-mapper (which is a link to the executable in the opt area) and made it this script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
/usr/bin/nice -n 15 /opt/maemo/usr/bin/maemo-mapper

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
hi!

i set /etc/pulse/daemon.conf to a certain level, my problem is, i forgot to read the default level......please! someone tell me Thanks!
i told u to change on value in the file to -20
it changes the nice value by default.
u can also
Code:
sudo renice -20 <process_id>

The Following User Says Thank You to lifenexus For This Useful Post: