Notices

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
Seeeeeeeeega!

has anyone tried angry birds??

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Try telling that to Steve Jobs lol
This is one of the things I really don't like about Apple. They are trying their best to argue that jailbreaking really is illegal. I really hope the Copyright Office doesn't suddenly decide DMCA lets people get prosecuted over that.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Still, to get back to the OP's point, is Electronic Arts developing Command and Conquer Red Alert for the N900? Is Gameloft doing an N900 version of Asphalt 5 or Dungeon Hunter?

If you get your jollies with SSH, more power to you. But I would be more than happy to buy games that were worth paying for. When a phone and data plan can run $1000+ over the course of the year, $10 is chump change. Sure free is better, but, then again, a free phone would be better too. Sometimes, though, you get what you pay for.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
And I think most developers would rather spend more time on implementing more functionality (or fixing bugs) rather than making a nice GUI.
... while I fully appreciate that functionality is more important than the aesthetic ... it really is also nice to have thigs that look nice, it increases the user experience with any app, and just generally makes things appear to be more professional ... so I would like to think that it's something that any developers would address once they'd got the usability sorted out ...

... of course developing an app and designing a pleasing user-interface for that app do involve two different skill sets ... we have a large and varied community here though, and hopefully with input from different individuals we can cover the necessary skills ...

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post:
EmmaGx, yes that is ideal. Already we do have people that design mockups and icons. But I think the issue is it also takes time to make a (nice) looking GUI in code.

One thing I do credit Apple with is that they do help alot in their SDK. I think even some things are done for you (which may explain why some things look similar).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
EmmaGx, yes that is ideal. Already we do have people that design mockups and icons. But I think the issue is it also takes time to make a (nice) looking GUI in code.

One thing I do credit Apple with is that they do help alot in their SDK. I think even some things are done for you (which may explain why some things look similar).
... I really should have a look into the design forum and see if there's owt I can do to help, as I have design skills ... tho no coding skills ... (well, unless anybody wants some web pages sorted!) ... I have to say I've been very unimpressed with some of the apple screenshots I've seen ... it's very uniform, but it's also rather dull!

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reviver View Post
This is one of the things I really don't like about Apple. They are trying their best to argue that jailbreaking really is illegal. I really hope the Copyright Office doesn't suddenly decide DMCA lets people get prosecuted over that.
I see a silver lining though....

Maybe people will stop trying to compare an out-of-the-box given N900 to an iPhone that has to go through a warranty-breaking and possibly illegal procedure.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I see a silver lining though....

Maybe people will stop trying to compare an out-of-the-box given N900 to an iPhone that has to go through a warranty-breaking and possibly illegal procedure.
Won't stop them.

And besides, "iPhone quality" apps isn't as misleading as some of you would seem to say.

I'd kill for some apps to show up on the N900 that are on the iPhone. Not a lot of them, perhaps 5... but I'd love for those apps to show up.

We need to take into consideration that you can throw away a big chuck of apps from the iStore becasue they're just widgets the N900 can do out of the box in the web browser

Tags
app quality, application, application quality, applications, fremantle, iphone quality, maemo, maemo 5, quality