Active Topics

I have been using my N900 with t-mobile and i do not have any internet-data plan at this moment but for some reason i can access the internet using t-mobile internet. it kicks me out after like 5 minutes but i can use it again after a short while.

I did call t-mobile customer service and told them that i was accessing the internet without wifi and i was concern about getting charge for data download. They told me that i did not have any charges at all. He also mention that they dont charge for the volume of data that you download like other company's like Verizon, is either i have data plan or not.

is anybody else getting online without wifi using t-mobile internet plan and not getting charge for?

Last edited by Safao; 2010-02-04 at 01:34.

Anybody out there?

their unlimited data plan is really unlimited compared to the big 3 that caps you to 5gb and still insist theirs is unlimited to use.

if you become a data hog, they'll just demote your speed till your next bill but not charge you more. just don't abuse it or they'll have the right to terminate your service...

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I can't get online without a data plan. Are you sure you did not access the web via Wifi?

What are your t-mobile data settings?

i have t-mobile and love it, i switched to them just for the N900 since i had AT&T. I use it for the phone, as well as an internet modem for my laptop while out.

Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
their unlimited data plan is really unlimited compared to the big 3 that caps you to 5gb and still insist theirs is unlimited to use.

if you become a data hog, they'll just demote your speed till your next bill but not charge you more. just don't abuse it or they'll have the right to terminate your service...
Interesting, I thought they still had an artifical cap (like around 10 GBs).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
i have tmobile without a data plan and i cant get on. it doesnt even let me connect to the tmobile internet access point

Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
I can't get online without a data plan. Are you sure you did not access the web via Wifi?

What are your t-mobile data settings?
Im %100 percent sure i was'nt using wifi. I was duing the same exact thing with the N97 and i also called them to check if had any charges.

they do have the 5 or 10gb cap but they won't charge you more. only make your speed slower. this only applies on phones regardless if you use it as a modem for you pc / laptop.

i don't know if this is the same as the data stick policy but i think they're on the same field as the big 3 when it comes on data plan on usb modems w/c charge you more after the cap.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
can u post the settings for ur tmobile connection? maybe its different...all the ip and proxy info...