maps.ovi.com is switched off for some time now but I do not want to quit my N900 just because of this.
Can I use a different map server and where in /etc can I change this?

BR
Pete

The Following User Says Thank You to PMaff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Maybe replace it somehow with maps.here.com or something similar in the configuration files?

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
you can always use Openstreetmap for navigation http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Maemo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Tried to install osm2go_0.8.3-maemo2_armel.deb
that needs libgoocanvas3 but the
libgoocanvas3_0.15-0maemo0_armel.deb
from the repos ( http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...e/g/goocanvas/ ) does not work, N900 says not compatible.

Bump: does anybody have a solution for this problem or know where to get the correct libgoocanvas3_*_armel.deb ?

Last edited by PMaff; 2017-05-25 at 16:16.

Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
Bump: does anybody have a solution for this problem or know where to get the correct libgoocanvas3_*_armel.deb ?
The file is correct. I noticed many files have that problem, it's not because files are not original, but something unavoidable. Rootsh deb is not one of them.

Put that deb files (with all their dependencies) on internal 27 GB drive .Now install "rootsh" (it's in extras repository). Open x terminal and type "sudo gainroot". Point to that location using "cd" command (example "cd MyDocs") Type "dpkg -i *.deb". If it says problem about dependencies, then install one by one, first one that doesnt depend on anything... Just type start of file name instead of "*.deb", you do not have to type full file name, it is difficult, but make sure there are no similar file names, whatever. You know what I mean. It's simply using * symbol.

Or simply install while online using App. manager, or download all repositories and connect to any wifi and that access point will stay and you will be able to somehow connect to it even when it is not available around anymore. This fake connection is needed for app. manager to be able to use offline repositories.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Use modRana instead?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Look replacement maps.ovi.com to maps.here.com from N9 here in talk.maemo.org

Tags
maemo 5, nokia maps