<find class="fn n"/>
    </name>
    <address>
      <find class="adr"/>
      <delete class="geo"/>
    </address>
  </directory>
</config>

After last update, I always get this error, when I try 'callerid +4588888888' from commandline:

"Could not open system addressbook"

And when I receive a call, the yellow popup message with name/adr, doesn't go away.

Originally Posted by n900-dk View Post
After last update, I always get this error, when I try 'callerid +4588888888' from commandline:

"Could not open system addressbook"
Hm. Strange, works for me. You run it from the xterm, right? (Oh, and you must not run as root.) Does it help to use run-standalone.sh, like "run-standalone.sh callerid +45..."?

And when I receive a call, the yellow popup message with name/adr, doesn't go away.
It staying up is intentional, since I wouldn't want the banner to disappear while fumbling to get the phone out of my pocket or whatever. Even if the caller hangs up, I want it to stay up so I can read it afterwards.

So, like with many other Hildon questions, you must tap on it or above it to make it go away. I've considered adding a dbus listener so it would go away on its own if you click answer or reject, but don't know when that'll happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to ovekaaven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ovekaaven View Post
(Oh, and you must not run as root.)
Oh, my bad - did run as root - no problem as normal user!

Thanks for explaining the use of the banner

Would it be possible to make the application use a defined accesspoint for looking up numbers with a predefined pattern?
I would like to use it to look up numbers in intranet database, that can only be accessed by special APN

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
First of all, thanks a lot for adding my feature request for notes.

I am trying to create a in.txt file for India. I have a few requests to you:
1. Could you please create a wiki page with more details and examples on creating xml and txt files?

2. Right now, even though I have a in.txt file, When trying the app, I get a Warning, no in.xml file, before showing the result. Is this intentional?

3. Also, if I try to have in_9.txt, in_4.txt, etc without having a in.txt file, the program returns with error "no in.xml file" and exits. but I can see from us_ca files that they have no us_ca.xml or us_ca.txt file and it works without errors. What am I doing wrong?

4th, in the regions.xml file, what is the mcc tag?

Thanks a lot.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Would it be possible to make the application use a defined accesspoint for looking up numbers with a predefined pattern?
I would like to use it to look up numbers in intranet database, that can only be accessed by special APN
Hmm. So you'd want it to use a connection you've created with fAPN, then? While it would be possible to ask the N900 to switch Internet connections, I have no idea what would happen if someone tries that with an incoming phone call in progress. It might not work, possibly the N900 would refuse to even try.

And it would not be possible to do this without switching Internet connections, because Fremantle can only use one APN at a time. (That's the reason MMS is such a pain on the N900.) From what I understand, this is not possible to fix on the old Linux kernel used in Fremantle (and upgrading to a newer Linux kernel is difficult because of Nokia's closed-source stuff). So you'd be forcibly disconnected from the Internet whenever someone calls.

But I suppose I could keep the idea in mind.

EDIT: There'll probably be a different solution, though. I do plan to add a possibility of searching on-device text files before going online. Hence, you'd simply download your intranet database into a text file, copy it to the N900, and hey presto, my program could look in that file to find out who's calling. Soon, I hope...

Last edited by ovekaaven; 2011-03-14 at 21:36.

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
1. Could you please create a wiki page with more details and examples on creating xml and txt files?
Perhaps. Where should it be?

(The existing xml and txt files are the examples, though...)

2. Right now, even though I have a in.txt file, When trying the app, I get a Warning, no in.xml file, before showing the result. Is this intentional?
Yes, if you haven't created an .xml file, then this is normal. The program wants to try a directory lookup first, and will use the .txt only if that fails. Since it can't do a lookup if the .xml file does not exist, that means it will fall back to the .txt instead. Essentially, it's just telling you why it can't look up the caller name, you can ignore the warning if you like.

3. Also, if I try to have in_9.txt, in_4.txt, etc without having a in.txt file, the program returns with error "no in.xml file" and exits. but I can see from us_ca files that they have no us_ca.xml or us_ca.txt file and it works without errors. What am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure what you mean. The "no in.xml file" is a warning, not an error, and since it complains about the .xml file, not the .txt file, the message should appear regardless of what you do with the .txt files. And the warning currently also appears if you try to look up a North American number, so that does not "work without errors" either, but it does work.

4th, in the regions.xml file, what is the mcc tag?
Mobile Country Code. It's used to find out what country the phone is roaming in. You don't need to change it, I pulled a complete list from wikipedia when I created regions.xml.

Last edited by ovekaaven; 2011-03-14 at 21:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to ovekaaven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
not workin for me...

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Perhaps. Where should it be?

(The existing xml and txt files are the examples, though...)

Yes, if you haven't created an .xml file, then this is normal. The program wants to try a directory lookup first, and will use the .txt only if that fails. Since it can't do a lookup if the .xml file does not exist, that means it will fall back to the .txt instead. Essentially, it's just telling you why it can't look up the caller name, you can ignore the warning if you like.
understood.

I'm not sure what you mean. The "no in.xml file" is a warning, not an error, and since it complains about the .xml file, not the .txt file, the message should appear regardless of what you do with the .txt files. And the warning currently also appears if you try to look up a North American number, so that does not "work without errors" either, but it does work.
You are right. I got it working now.

I am uploading the txt files for landline numbers in India. I'll add mobile numbers and some landline online lookups later on. Mobile is a problem, especially with the current number portability system implemented all over India.

BTW we have some lookup servers but it works only for particular regions. So how do I make xml file for that? in_4.xml?

EDIT: uploaded complete in.txt fies including mobile numbers. I still need an answer about the lookup

EDIT2: Cleared errors with Arunachal/Andra
Attached Files
File Type: zip in.zip (25.0 KB, 99 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-03-16 at 09:58.