Since I flashed the PR 1.3 update, the battery life of my N900 has improved, but the #1 reason I bought the phone - to use it for chat is messed up. The connectivity is beyond awful and I can disconnect a few times in a minute. Since this is the most important feature to me in this phone, can any of you tell me how to fix this, or if it's un-fixable, how do I downgrade to the previous update when I didn't have this problem?

Thanks so much.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
If you want to downgrade, just re-flash it.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
How far can you downgrade bcuz I swore it was impossible to do so

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Downgrading is a much less drastic response than figuring out if there is some simple reason you have connectivity issues!

I don't have chat connectivity issues, by the way. I was seeing a yahoo im issue this week, but I think that was Yahoo's fault and not the N900's fault. Google, facebook, skype, etc, work fine for me.

I think i have this problem too that my chat status keep getting error .. than my phone error too i have to reboot the phone to fix it .. so far it happen to me 1 time a day .. since upgrade to 1.3.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
facebook used to work for me but not anymore and yahoo never worked

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
being able to downgrade is the best feature of pr1.3!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
How far can you downgrade bcuz I swore it was impossible to do so
It's not impossible with the N900, it's terribly easy to be honest - at least it is once you've done it a couple of times.

The same is not true about Symbian and many others which is probably what you heard.

I believe PR 1.2 had a change in the modem stack so while you can downgrade all the way to the first public release, you wont have cellular features if you go below 1.2 - though technically you can correct this by flashing the modem stack from 1.2 over 1.1.1 firmware

Last edited by dchky; 2010-10-29 at 14:50.

Since I have no way of figuring out what's the problem with my chat (I use gtalk), I have no choice but to downgrade, despite the better battery performance. Does anyone have a guide about how to do that, please? I'm not techy and could use some direction.

Thanks!