Closed Thread
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Just to let you know. I have way more crashes of modest than before latest update of CSSU. Before there were some (like 1-2 per month) but now I rarely can read more then 2 mails. Especially one with two pictures attached inline got modest crash almost immediately when reaching the picture part of the mail (upper part was formatted text, the pictures a bit down)

I deactivated the option " ... offline IMAP ..." for all of my 3 IMAP accounts which enabled me to read at least one or 2 mails - at least I think this helped. After deleting the corresponding folders for offline caching I can stress it a bit more it seems. Will test further keeping offline support _off_ for another day. After that I will turn it back on and test again.

I also noticed that when scolling emails fast I get a strange flickering (small black line _above_ the white background) when hitting the lower end of the mail.

Last edited by Amboss; 2011-11-23 at 23:14. Reason: adding some more information

I'm trying to install the newest update for several hours now and still did not manage to get it
HAM says I should connect the phone to the PC and FAP gives me the following error message :

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-community-pr: Depends: maemosec-certman-applet (>= 0.1.4+0m5) but 0.1.2+0m5 is to be installed
Depends: libmaemosec-certman-applet0 (>= 0.1.4+0m5) but 0.1.2+0m5 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the packages, but it seems I cannot reinstall them now....but the error stays the same.
Any help is really much appreciated.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
since i'm using the latest CSSU i don't have any crashing in any program but i got this bug on Theme Customizer (TC) & Advanced Clock Plugin (ACP)....all box,tick and etc are missing...

FYI i dont install new stuff on my device except for ACP since i upgrade to latest version of CSSU....this bug started from ACP so i remove (purge) ACP the moment i notice this bug...now TC also have the same problem....

can anyone confirm this bug as well???
can anyone help me solved this bug???

here is the screenshot on the bug on TC....
Attached Images

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
since i'm using the latest CSSU i don't have any crashing in any program but i got this bug on Theme Customizer (TC) & Advanced Clock Plugin (ACP)....all box,tick and etc are missing...

FYI i dont install new stuff on my device except for ACP since i upgrade to latest version of CSSU....this bug started from ACP so i remove (purge) ACP the moment i notice this bug...now TC also have the same problem....

can anyone confirm this bug as well???
can anyone help me solved this bug???

here is the screenshot on the bug on TC....
I can confirm that TC works fine for me with latest CSSU update. It is 0.67 version or something, not the last 0.77 version of TC.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
Just to let you know. I have way more crashes of modest than before latest update of CSSU. Before there were some (like 1-2 per month) but now I rarely can read more then 2 mails. Especially one with two pictures attached inline got modest crash almost immediately when reaching the picture part of the mail (upper part was formatted text, the pictures a bit down)

I deactivated the option " ... offline IMAP ..." for all of my 3 IMAP accounts which enabled me to read at least one or 2 mails - at least I think this helped. After deleting the corresponding folders for offline caching I can stress it a bit more it seems. Will test further keeping offline support _off_ for another day. After that I will turn it back on and test again.

I also noticed that when scolling emails fast I get a strange flickering (small black line _above_ the white background) when hitting the lower end of the mail.
I quite didn't understand what you said, so let me ask:

Is there any improvement re modest crashes in last CSSU update. Or it is worse than before update? Also, is there any chance to install debug libraries and to capture gdb backtrace of a crash?

EDIT:
And have you installed libtinymail .deb I've attached here (in a post about 2 months ago) before update to last CSSU.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-11-24 at 07:52.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I freshly installed mine yesterday (PR1.3, update to PR 1.3.1, then CSSU enabler, then CSSU update) and haven't found any issues until now. In fact, it runs smoother than ever! You guys probably have too much cruft (=crap) on your devices. A cleanup is sometimes advisable.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I'm trying to install the newest update for several hours now and still did not manage to get it
HAM says I should connect the phone to the PC and FAP gives me the following error message :

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-community-pr: Depends: maemosec-certman-applet (>= 0.1.4+0m5) but 0.1.2+0m5 is to be installed
Depends: libmaemosec-certman-applet0 (>= 0.1.4+0m5) but 0.1.2+0m5 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the packages, but it seems I cannot reinstall them now....but the error stays the same.
Any help is really much appreciated.
Enable Nokia repos and you should be fine

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Do I now can update the cert by apt update after update to latest CSSU??

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
I can confirm that this happen with some programs. On my case, it's fAircrack and Cleven. "Interface" elements like box, highlighting of buttons etc disappeared.

I think it's matter of compatibility with some element updated in CSSU - so, probably, so fixing it is up to application's devs.

/Estel

// Edit

BTW, programs work fine - their interface is "crippled" visually, but functionality isn't lost. You can press "buttons" etc - it's just like "blind" using it, casue You don't know if it was activated or not, until You see effects.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
... highlighting of buttons etc disappeared.[...]
BTW, programs work fine - their interface is "crippled" visually, but functionality isn't lost. You can press "buttons" etc - it's just like "blind" using it, casue You don't know if it was activated or not, until You see effects.
Yup, same here. I include a screenshot of the CSSU setting dialog. Buttons have no "button" or outline. Thought it was an install problem but re-installed and it persists. Any ideas or workarounds?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade