Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by jaark View Post
Nope. With current Web'n'walk contracts you are getting access to the 3G data network, not their WIFI hotspots which cost extra.
No, its free with WnW. Why are you saying these things?

Early last year, Tmobile's network was getting very popular with data users because of the great deals they were offering compared to the rest and their 3G network was getting hammered. So they started offering free access to Tmobile and BT hotspots with a 40gb fup.

That has since changed recently with only 300mins allowed on BT Openzone and 30gb fup on Tmobile hotspots.

I recently dropped down to Combi 20 with WnW plus and i have free hotspot access. You just need to speak to CS about it, agree legal terms and they will text you your login details.

Last edited by dansus; 2009-09-21 at 18:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
No, its free with WnW. Why are you saying these things?
Because T-Mo want to charge me extra for access as a contract add-on via the website.

Current contract Flext-60 & WnW Plus. I've had this for nearly three years now, so this may be a 'new customers only' thing.

You just need to speak to CS about it, agree legal terms and they will text you your login details.
I'm gonna get on it in the morning. I hope you're right. Thanks.

Edit : actually, I won't - I'm gonna cancel and change my current contract when my N900 comes. I'll probs unwittingly commit myself to another 18months of this one if I get hotspot access added.

Last edited by jaark; 2009-09-21 at 19:22.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by jaark View Post
Because T-Mo want to charge me extra for access as a contract add-on via the website.

Current contract Flext-60 & WnW Plus. I've had this for nearly three years now, so this may be a 'new customers only' thing.
If you do it via the website, it will say you are being charged but when the bills comes, you get a credit to cover the cost.

Stupid system.

Hotspot access is a monthly item you can switch on and off, so you should be ok.

Does anyone know and/or how can we tell if either of these deals will involve branded and/or otherwise crippled n900 handsets?

I don't want to commit to >12 months, only to discover that half
the features I most want are disabled!

Ditto will they be network locked (although that is less of an issue for me)?

Martin

Originally Posted by Martin Atkins View Post
Does anyone know and/or how can we tell if either of these deals will involve branded and/or otherwise crippled n900 handsets?
Would like to know this too but I would imagine there is no way of knowing until they hit the streets. Decided to hold off on a pre-order and wait it out. It's gonna be a long few weeks.

I just had this conversation with the live help thing on mobilephonesdirect:
Please wait. A representative will be with you shortly.
Webshop Customer Help says:
Hello Pat. My name is Webshop Customer Help how can I help you?
Pat says:
When do you expect to get N900 stock?
mid to late october
Pat says:
Thanks. Are the deals you have currently likely to change before then?
yes
Pat says:
For better or worse?
Pat says:
Also, If I were to preorder it now would I be charged now or when the phone arrives?
you wouold be charged once we send out the handset
Pat says:
And are the phones you sell operator branded and locked?
Pat says:
And are the phones you sell operator branded and locked?
no, all unlocked and unbranded
So you definitely get a unlocked phone with no operator crippling. I'm now seriously considering ordering it on Combi 25+WnW, since over 18 months that works out to £540 in total, only £40 more than sim-free from nokia direct. He didn't say whether the contracts were likely to get better or worse, but they are likely to change apparently, and I would be surprised if it ended up cheaper to buy out an entire contract than just to buy it sim free, so they can't get that much cheaper. Also, the N97, which is the same price or cheaper sim free, can't be had on as good a deal.
RE Hotspots: they should be free with WnW plus, which is the 3gb mobile broadband option, not with normal WnW which is included in these contracts.

Last edited by patstew; 2009-09-23 at 12:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patstew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
If you look at the t&c's of the fair usage policy, it says there are no additional charges if you go over the 1gb limit unless you go over it with regularity. Interesting....

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by t3styler View Post
If you look at the t&c's of the fair usage policy, it says there are no additional charges if you go over the 1gb limit unless you go over it with regularity. Interesting....
I spoke to a T-Mobile sales guy, and this was the main thing that made me decide on T-Mobile. An actual "fair" usage policy

Hmm, pre-ordering is suddenly becoming more appealing again. Does anyone know if you can supply a PAC code and have your number switched over after getting a shiny new N900 and T-Mobile contract? I would be moving from O2.

Sure, get your PAC when closing your O2 contract

The Following User Says Thank You to jaark For This Useful Post:

Tags
contract, n900