Active Topics

I need to see real specs on the N9 before I decide to purchase it. 4 inch screen, physical keyboard, 32+ gb of storage, FM transmitter, and a fast processor are mainly the hardware specs I am looking for. Hopefully meego isn't buggy when the phone releases.

actually i am afraid the N9 will be too clean and smooth, like an iphone. i enjoy the 'edges' that come with the openess on my N900 and would never swich to ios etc. i really dont need the tesco shopping carts etc, and i cant understand statements that n900 could not survive as your only phone...to me my n900 is a business-phone, offduty phone and everythin i need, and it does it all very well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pocale For This Useful Post:
my next phone will be the same phone I own. it will be different however because in a week or so it will have a mugen battery making it a laughingstock to all iphone users.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
could be anything without Android at the moment. Probably one Meego and one Win7 device during 2011.

Originally Posted by pocale View Post
actually i am afraid the N9 will be too clean and smooth, like an iphone.
Well, if Nokia gives us options like they did with the N900, there's no reason you can't have the clean and smooth experience but also the "edges" that you get with the N900.

These options are not mutually exclusive.

Dispite all the attitude some people here seem to have when some of us complain about the n900 lack of decent apps, i think nokia could easily be a winner if they were to also offered symbian os on the n900. Feels very much as if we just beta testing the hand full of apps which the community has developed, where most decent and in particular commercial apps are nowhere to be seen. Not a produtive device IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
my current voice/data plan comes with a GSG and the plan will end in 3 years; so if my n900 dies or get stolen in the meantime, I will use the GSG I will switch the phone If there is more capable N900-like device from Nokia or other manufacturer by 2013 time frame.

cheers,

I think I will choose Nokia E7 or N9, after N900..

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Htc hd2 asap, running awesomedroid and win phone7, and I'm not talking about a slow almost unusable nitdroid either, I'm talking the full whack shabang, and its all happening NOW not Q2 2011!
I dont give my money to company's who drop their products with no support after only a couple of months of selling it to me as 'thee' best thing, and I don't do half baked firmwares anymore

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I'll get this one.

Well, technically it isn't a smartphone...
Attached Images

Tags
die android die, nokia blows