Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
X86 is a very old platform, full of "patchy" stuff that is ugly. Arm is relatively new, and by being RISC it will never be very complex (at least as X86). This is why i consider arm better than X86.

Arm processors are not only for mobile use. I've seen some interesting arm powered netbooks lately. I really hope in an arm-powered desktop, because it would be less noisy, less power hungry(yes, it's important even on desktops) and have a longer life.

@ndi
React OS is a bomb. I don't know when it'll explode, but i'm really happy i'm not tied to it.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA
Originally Posted by admiral0 View Post
@ndi
React OS is a bomb. I don't know when it'll explode, but i'm really happy i'm not tied to it.
How a bomb? Do you mean they're setting themselves up to be sued into the ground?

I've been watching Reactos for about ten years, and whilst they seem to make some progress, it's been a long time now and they've never had anything much ready for day to day use. I wish them luck, but where free windows was interesting a decade ago, linux is now my thing.

The nearest you'll find to an ARM desktop right now is a device called the OpenRD. As far as I know, anyway.
It's the big brother of the sheevaplug and contains a 1.2 GHz chip.