Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Yay! I finally got it today, incidentally on my birthday! :P
Is there any resource or guide for new N900 owners? Best applications? Best features? Things to do? Tips and tricks?

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
Double grats. My gift to you is the Search tool!
Enjoy!

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lacedaemon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
The new maemo users page is here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/New_users

And the User FAQ here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions

Those are good places to start. There are a few threads around asking peoplw which are their 'must-have' apps, but each person's preferences are different. There are presently 139 apps in Extras, and a few more in the Ovi store. When you're ready to test a few new ones, there's the extras testing and extras devel repositories.

Happy Birthday.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim
congrats and a happy b'day :-)
since the "search" and the wiki links is already gifted to you, all I can say is to read and try

Thanks a lot guys. I know it would have been more efficient to just use the search tool but I had to share the excitement!

I have wanted it since over a month and have regularly been checking applications etc. out! So basically I had already decided on what applications I am going to install the moment I get the phone in my hands. Lol. I read an article about accessing the extras testing and extras devel repositories but I cant find it right now. Well, I'll hit the search function!

Btw, just out of curiousity, does anyone have any idea how frequently Nokia plans to roll out FW updates? It would be really cool to see new stuff every now and then

Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Yay! I finally got it today, incidentally on my birthday! :P
Is there any resource or guide for new N900 owners? Best applications? Best features? Things to do? Tips and tricks?
Congratulations. You have lot’s of app in the extras and in ovi store.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim
go ahead and install the extra conversations (essentially connects you to all the IMs out there).
Also install freeoffice and the Moobox.
All very useful :-)

I'm so jealous
I'm still waiting for mine....
And will wait for a while it seems

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I got mine just before Xmas and still loving it. Happy Joy JOY