Notices

Has anyone else upgraded transmission to 1.7x something from maemo extras to find its broken? I cant get it to test the port, download block lists or connect to trackers ( I think everything that is dependent on curl ) but it will speak to dht and pex which doesn't help on private torrents ( things I wouldnt have thought use curl ). Then after removing it and going back to 1.33 from the garage page it seems happily connecting to everything again so its not my connection or servers or any libraries.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It is broken, hence it being in extras-devel, not Extras. Expect breakages from updates in extras-devel.

Iv not got extras-devel enabled, any other ideas. Would it make any difference that i installed it via apt-get and not the app manager gui thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to HuwSy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p.../transmission/ only lists 1.34, while http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d.../transmission/ has 1.7 so not sure how that got installed then.

Just trying apt-get update now and it didnt give me 1.7, cant remember exactly when that upgraded before but i cant remember changing any repo's for a longtime. Ah well its working and not a fault for anyone else using extra so thats alright. Thanks.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
I tried out Transmission 1.7.2 from the Development repo for Diablo.
Strangely it works as it's seeding but I'm not sure how because when I look at the torrent site for the torrent I'm seeding I'm not listed there as a peer at all so the tracker is not registering me as being connected to the swarm. Since it's a private torrent site it's a fair bet that my upload isn't being counted either.
Alas while Transmission 1.34 works well on Diablo there's very few private torrent sites that still allow it.

Tags
bug, curl, download, transmission