Notices

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I just bought a LG Tone (HBS-700), which can do multipoint pairing. However, you can only pair one device which can receive calls. I have no SIM card in my N900, and only use it for media. However, I have not been able to get both that and my work iphone (which I use for calls only) to stay connected at the same time.

Is there a way to turn off the hsp and hfp profiles and only leave the a2dp and avrcp profiles active on the N900? Will this work?

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
I think you will get more atention of people with reqired knowledge in "Development" section of this forum

You can also google something like "bluez disable profiles". Software onour N900 responsible for bluetooth is called BlueZ. It's in fact old version of bluetooth stack used on desktop Linux computers. Here are some links I found about a2dp profile in Bluez:

- http://askubuntu.com/questions/2573/...-a2dp-receiver
- http://blog.cyphermox.net/2012/03/ca...nd-hsphfp.html

However, it may require programming skills and at least semi-advanced Linux knowledge to achieve this. If you get any further, please report here

edit: you may also have a look at files in /etc/bluetooth directory. in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf there is line saying:
Code:
HFP=true
, if you're not afraid of experimenting you may try to set it to false to disable HFP. But I don't have any idea how to disable HSP unfortunately. You could add "audio" to "DisablePlugins" line in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf, but it may disable also a2dp/avrcp...

Last edited by misiak; 2012-06-22 at 22:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
edit: you may also have a look at files in /etc/bluetooth directory. in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf there is line saying:
Code:
HFP=true
, if you're not afraid of experimenting you may try to set it to false to disable HFP. But I don't have any idea how to disable HSP unfortunately. You could add "audio" to "DisablePlugins" line in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf, but it may disable also a2dp/avrcp...
Mislak, you provided the missing piece of the puzzle. I scanned through the audio.conf, but missed that little item. I created a line saying
Code:
Disable=Headset,Gateway
under [General], but it still wouldn't pair with both. However disabling adding HPF=false did the trick.

Thanks a million,
--vr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure exactly if this is what you are talking about but it may be related. Anyways, I'm trying to stream audio from N900 to 2 different bluetooth speakers simultaneously. Is the method mentioned above what enables that or is it something else that I need to configure in order to stream to two speakers?

Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
I'm not sure exactly if this is what you are talking about but it may be related. Anyways, I'm trying to stream audio from N900 to 2 different bluetooth speakers simultaneously. Is the method mentioned above what enables that or is it something else that I need to configure in order to stream to two speakers?
Now that I'm not sure about. What I was trying to do was to was to pair my headset (LG Tone) with my N900 for media playback and my iphone for calls. Its really pretty cool, because the N900 plays back media files, and when the iphone rings, it pauses the media playback on the N900 and takes the call.

--vr