Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Unless there is support for multiple Contacts and Calendars, I don't see how it would be possible to manage that info from two different sources in a way that keeps them completely separate.

Just found out here that it is possible to have multiple calendars:

http://maemo.nokia.com/features/calendar/

so, last thing to check... multiple contact databases ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to jeran170 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hildesheim, Germany
I heard that the final maemo version that will be shipped with the n900 is out now and was wondering if there are news on the exchange front. It would be great to run more than one exchange account since i also got one at google and one at work and both can sync using microsoft exchange. is this a feature that might come in the future?

thanks in advance for any information

best regards,
sebastian

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
multiple calendars is possible! I was stuck at the point of syncing after I escaped the startscreen where it was asking for the calendar-server to sync with. I was able to setup multiple calendars with different colours but wasnt to import any calendar not even file based.
Due to missing stuff in the SDK I am not able to test any further as I got no N900 yet. I will test the contacts stuff this evening.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your effort chemist

Have to claim this google sync does not work for me. It is stuck halfway down the sync process, due to unknown reason. Anything specific in setting it up? It appears to work for most of folks...

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by vitb View Post
Have to claim this google sync does not work for me. It is stuck halfway down the sync process, due to unknown reason. Anything specific in setting it up? It appears to work for most of folks...
Have you updated the firmware to the final version? Google sync used to be flaky before the update; sometimes worked sometimes got stuck halfway. Since the fw update, I haven't seen any hiccups.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I am still waiting for bug 5835 to be resolved. Still cannot sync all the information within Google Contacts (42-11 firmware).

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jeran170 View Post
Thanks for your effort chemist
you might click "Thanks!"

UPDATE
ok calendars you can have as many as you like and there is an automated smart calendar for your birthday entries saved with your contacts
BUT
there is not even a second contact group available, if there would be a proper sort function to sort by some contact's field entries but not even this is available

I'm a little confused at this point, but trying to keep up as to what IS and ISN'T real at present. I think I have the same requirements as Jeran170, but let me recap to see is matches up. (No, I don't own N900, but really want to)

1) Must have exchange support -- confirmed by Nokia/Maemo
2) Must support multiple calendars -- confirmed by Nokia site (but see #4)
3) Must support multiple emails - confirmed
4) Unknown -- support for multiple calendars from multiple sources without bleed-thru (ala, work is work and private is private)
5) Unknown -- support for multiple contacts from multiple sources without bleed-thru (ala, work is work and private is private)

Can someone clarify further for me?

Tags
exchange