Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I'm not convinced, what productivity concerns. For me UX isn't very intuitive. Also I prefer offline over online services, because I'm not independent from infrastructure.

To be honest, If I want to be productive I use a proper Laptop or Desktop, with a proper OS (in my case Linux, but also Win and OSX are by far superior to any mobile OS).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
I have many stories about that actually, using my phone for solutions/automations working with servers, paperwork, exchanging-syncing huge amounts off data, remote controls, photo/video/audio/asset/ editing-checking, POS/site managing etc, but that's too much to talk about!
My point is, there are many things that can be done with a good android phone if you do your research and implement it right!
Other than that, personally I don't believe in "all in one" solutions in general. There is a usage scenario for a phone, a mac, a laptop/pc, a tablet etc and nothing can completely replace the other.
That's why I always change my "tech" setup according to my needs thought the year. I combine whatever makes my life easier at that time and move on with my life: )

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I'm not convinced, what productivity concerns.
C'moon... Keyboard!... That is more productivity than without? - Don't be so negative

Edit: And we will see other OS... Later, if not "soon"... relax...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Maybe in the future i'll get another Pro1 to run maemo-leste on.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thank you all for the video, thoughts and comments. It's a special moment for me (despite many still haven't got theirs but team are working the hardest.) as the product *finally* got delivered. There were many sleepless night, stressful for things out of control, or things did not meet expectations. But at least we survived.

And I want really to thank for all the warm support which is really the fuel to keep us moving. I know there are still things to deliver, and problems to solve, but I feel different than the time I was doing the Keyboard Mod. *This* is the thing I wanted to make and we made it finally...

Hopefully we can keep our little team surviving in this competitive industry and to do more kind of "TMO" devices.

The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Was just wondering. If I ordered a phone, how long would it take to get one?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Was just wondering. If I ordered a phone, how long would it take to get one?
It depends on when you have ordered and how later stocks will arrive.

Otherwise, maybe around Christmas as their current estimated shipping of all the preorders is a bit before Christmas and currently all orders are treated as preorders.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thank you all for the video, thoughts and comments. It's a special moment for me (despite many still haven't got theirs but team are working the hardest.) as the product *finally* got delivered. There were many sleepless night, stressful for things out of control, or things did not meet expectations. But at least we survived.

And I want really to thank for all the warm support which is really the fuel to keep us moving. I know there are still things to deliver, and problems to solve, but I feel different than the time I was doing the Keyboard Mod. *This* is the thing I wanted to make and we made it finally...

Hopefully we can keep our little team surviving in this competitive industry and to do more kind of "TMO" devices.
I do feel safer in my pre-order now that there are people with phones. I'm less anxious at this point, now I'm mostly jealous at the people with their phones already.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
*This* is the thing I wanted to make and we made it finally...
I'm probably not alone saying this but I have never been so excited about a phone, great work and congrats on getting the shipments started! Thanks for doing this and good luck .

Competitive industry but also a competitive device and the only one of it's kind today, I think many more sales are to come when people see it in the wild and I hope F(x)tec makes bank so there can be much more to come .

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Chen for sharing a bit of personal experience with us. I think almost everyone here will agree that it is a great feat you guys accomplished, especially, like you said, in this competitive market/times

Congratulations on delivering! Enjoy the feeling of satisfaction you are now undoubtedly having

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit