Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
Hah, so I dumped the routingModel and guidanceModel structures, and it turns out that guidanceModel apparently has a member which appears to be exactly what we want and gets updated when DestinationDistance changes, namels timeToArrival (we did not find it earlier because it is not referenced in the QML source).

New patch (supersedes the other one): http://paste.debian.net/download/179234

With this patch the duration value updates, however, it is raining outside so I have not tested whether it really works correctly, feedback welcome. It could well be that timeToArrival is broken somewhat and therefore was not exposed in the user interface before.

The user interface has not changed (see last screenshot), I think it would be more elegant to make the distance/duration widget be a button which would switch between the two, but I won't have any more time to work on this, hopefully somebody else can pick it up.
Excellent job, mbanck! How to you dump the structures btw??

For the UI, actually I did modify the InfoDistance.qml so it has states to selectively display distance or TTD info. Basically just make the behaviors consistent with Symbian. I will check your code and see how to do the patching...

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
I did have another look at the day-to-night mode switch. The following patch at least ensures the map mode is updating everytime one returns to the map from the settings (main) menu or the preferences menu (in map browser mode). Same goes for navigation mode, and for starting/ending navigation. WIthout it, I believe one has to restart the application (or change the day/night settings specifically) to get the map changed.

Still no update during navigation.

Patch: http://paste.debian.net/179280/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbanck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
using terminal, goto the folder containing .deb file and type dpkg -i patchfilename
already tried this, doesn't work.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
using terminal, goto the folder containing .deb file and type dpkg -i patchfilename
Thanks, worked for me

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Something like
Code:
for (var member in <object>) { console.log(member); }
This prints out the members of the object on the console if you start Drive in debug mode.

For the UI, actually I did modify the InfoDistance.qml so it has states to selectively display distance or TTD info. Basically just make the behaviors consistent with Symbian. I will check your code and see how to do the patching...
That would be awesome!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbanck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
I did have another look at the day-to-night mode switch. The following patch at least ensures the map mode is updating everytime one returns to the map from the settings (main) menu or the preferences menu (in map browser mode). Same goes for navigation mode, and for starting/ending navigation. WIthout it, I believe one has to restart the application (or change the day/night settings specifically) to get the map changed.

Still no update during navigation.

Patch: http://paste.debian.net/179280/
Hi,

I have added this one to my full patch, in stable and unstable, since it doesn't hurt anything ...

A++

May I suggest you to provide unified patch file of your modifications, then, I can include your work in my full patch ...

A++

Last edited by colin.stephane; 2012-07-16 at 10:26. Reason: Typo's ...

You should have wait for Sony123s additional UI fix.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
You should have wait for Sony123s additional UI fix.
This is why there is 2 different patches Stable and Unstable ...

A++

Last edited by colin.stephane; 2012-07-16 at 10:54. Reason: Typo's ...

Nevermind, I didn't follow your link and assumed you added it to both