Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
I went into Frys today to pick up a N800. Apparently they no longer sell them (they had 1 770 for $299). They claimed to have sold all the N800 on clearance.

Given that CompUSA has closed all stores in the Atlanta area.

Is their anywhere on the Street I can still get a N800. I never like buying from the internet for that sort off money (return etc if it is broken is to much of a pain)

I am prolly going to have to go Amazon.com

But for curiosity do you folks think the lack of street availability is going to damage take up of the product.

walmart, you can buy on-line and return at the store if there is a problem. they don't sell them in the stores though but do ship to many stores for free when you buy a product online. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5673671

Wonderful Thanks.

Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
...I never like buying from the internet for that sort off money (return etc if it is broken is to much of a pain)
Note that returns with Amazon are very easy and free, for defective units at least. I bought an N800 through them, and it had a bad screen (useless quality control from Nokia... ). Filled in a web form and they sent UPS to pick it up. No cost to me.

You still have to wait for shipping, obviously, so the store has that benefit. I don't like supporting the evil Walmart, but then again, where is there that's truly non-evil?

I haven't bought a replacement yet. Still trying to work out if I can justify it to myself and the wife.

This is my first post here because I am just getting into this n800 thing and don't know too much about these internet tablets except for where to get them.

You just can't buy it on the street. I tried for a whole month researching it. You can buy them from local retail stores like Circuit City, Best Buy, Walmart but you have to order them online and it will ship to either the store or you home. So whats the point?

I am getting mine from Buy.com and I wish I hadn't. Its going to take a week and I read some of the negative reviews after I bought it.

Negative reviews about Buy.com of course. There is no such this as a "negative review for the n800". Everyone knows that silly.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by noyz View Post
Negative reviews about Buy.com of course. There is no such this as a "negative review for the n800". Everyone knows that silly.
Well Walt Mossberg didn't like it much, but I chewed him out for that.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Fry's in Houston Texas has a few of them in clereance ill be more than glad to help out others...

Originally Posted by sping View Post
You still have to wait for shipping, obviously, so the store has that benefit. I don't like supporting the evil Walmart, but then again, where is there that's truly non-evil?
Yeah its the wait though. I don't like plonking down $400 and having to wait for my toy. Then its broken and I have to do it all again. Usually anything above 100 I get local.

Amazon = One Click so nope nothing trully non evil. Heck we cant even trust the googles of this world.

Thanks folks. Ill prolly go the walmart route. $358 + tax no shipping if I collect from the store. as opposed to no tax a little more for shipping but RMA process if I need to return.

Again thanks for all the info. Now to play with building a dev environment on my PC (Linux of course)