Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
For some reason, youtube seems to think I need to re-watch that scene right now.
"Just kids havin fun!"
Noice.
Although I would have prefered a more humorous approach to the following Jane/Tarzan scene. Ah well, comedies of the 80s never make fun of the romance.
Maybe I need to rewatch the whole movie.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
As threatened^B^B^B^B^B^B^B^B^B^B promised, the "cutting edge" of my snow shovel!

IMG_20191215_114720

I went with the replacement of the wear strip on my Yoho snow shovel. It's an aluminum blade for lightness with a steel strip riveted on the . . . cutting edge. The steel strip holds up to use better than all aluminum without making the whole thing heavy as hell. The aluminum is also much less prone to corrosion. The October snowfall was the last this particular cutting edge had in it. Replacement strips are available from the manufacturer in nearby Iowa, and it's a matter of drilling out the old rivets to remove the old strip and secure the new one in its place by mushrooming new rivets with a hammer or small sledge.

Also pictured, cordless drill and 3 lb. engineer's hammer -- model's own.

Click the link for the entire album of blade replacement and some cutting edge closeup pr0n.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Opera shows and renders images nicely so finally saw eson's picture.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
My entry:

Different type of tool, currently it's cutting edge technology, and it's also named "Power Edge"

Shot with Pro1, crop, rotate and vignette effect at snapseed

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I am not into server things but aren't those called "blades" if mounted in a rack?

Cutting edge blades you got then.

Only, i would have thought of SSDs when thingking about cutting edge servers? Are those regular HDDs? Just one for testing in the top most?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Those are not blade servers. It's regular pizza servers.

We are customizing them - maxing them out. The pile is before customization/configuration.

We are still using HDD as a backup storage or some specific workloads that does not require heavy I/O.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
I approach this topic from a slightly different perspective, there were no other options because the knives, axes and "lumikola" have already been here...

The cutting edge "phrase" can be understood in many ways and i understood it in my way. That is why I chose this picture because it is hopefully possible to combine time as an attribute with this subject.

I took this selfie with timer... - In picture i'm on the edge of the box. The work is done for now and after that a small vacation is starting... - This is cutting edge, of time, for me...

N9, crop by Gimp...
Attached Images

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2019-12-24 at 13:53.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I present to you three knives that are of special importance to me.
Left to right,
  1. A dagger I found in the woods close to the hall of residence (students accommodation) when I was at the Uni about 30 years ago. The woods were a popular place for the students to go and sit around a bonfire, roasting sausages on a stick, drink and play the guitar or sing. I found this dagger left behind by a previous troupe. It was partially burnt but otherwise nearly perfect. It served me well ever since.
  2. A small opening pen knife a supplier gave me as a souvenir when our company made a multi-million order. I have kept it permanently on my key ring for about 20 years. It is small enough to pass the airport security.
  3. A small kitchen knife I acquired with the house that I bough 15 years ago. The house came fully furnished, including the kitchen equipment. There are about 20 knives but this is our favourite.

Taken around 21:30 on 26 December 2019 with Xperia X, SFOS, stock camera. Cropped in Paint in Windows 8.1, re-taken again the next morning with a (marginally, due to it being overcast) better light. The top picture is my entry, the original is still attached below for reference.

Name:  20191227_103339.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  20191226_214701.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  56.8 KB

Last edited by pichlo; 2019-12-27 at 10:48.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Since today is the last day, and I don't have anything, just a quick photo of my favorite pocket knife with the glorious Pro1 :-). No edits, auto mode, drunk. [and idk why it's upside down, on the phone it isn't but on the forum it is ... edit 2 = i put a properly rotated version]

Last edited by netman; 2019-12-27 at 18:05.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by netman View Post
[and idk why it's upside down, on the phone it isn't but on the forum it is]
The phone takes a lazy route to rotation. It simply sets a flag in the JPEG header. All decent picture viewers respect that flag and rotate the picture as told. But the TMO uploader is not a decent picture viewer.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition