Take a long time (10 seconds or so) to start after you press Start. The screen goes black and I wonder if the N800 froze or turned off or died...

Ugh.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by EddieNYC View Post
Take a long time (10 seconds or so) to start after you press Start. The screen goes black and I wonder if the N800 froze or turned off or died...

Ugh.
They don't over here.

In fact, compared to NokiLLO, games on NaB00 start almost instantaneously. I suggest there might be something wrong with your N800.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Haven't seen that problem.

I'm on the 3rd level of Marbles.

After a reboot:

I click on Games/Marbles and get a "Marbles Loading" message. This occurs very quickly.

I then click on Play, the screen goes dark at this point for about 10 seconds before I see the game board.

It could be that I'm just losing mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to EddieNYC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Seattleish, WA
Originally Posted by EddieNYC View Post
After a reboot:

I click on Games/Marbles and get a "Marbles Loading" message. This occurs very quickly.

I then click on Play, the screen goes dark at this point for about 10 seconds before I see the game board.
I get the black screen as well, but it's only a 3-count here from PLAY to the playfield fading in. It's about a 1-count when moving between levels.

You mention "after a reboot". Make sure you're giving the OS enough time to load all the background stuff and get settled before you try any sort of timing benchmarks. From what I've seen, the GUI comes up and goes active at least 30 seconds before the system's done loading all the other pieces.