Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Is it possible to change the Plasma theme? I realize making it tie into the ambiance theme is unlikely, but at least being able to set a dark mode would be nice.
I'd love to have it darker as well. Haven't searched extensively and don't have solution for it. Please feel free to look for how to do it. I saw some screenshots with darker theme somewhere and it does switch colors on desktop if you shift to dark gnome theme, for example.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I did a bit of research and it seems there's a command "lookandfeeltool" to change the Plasma theme; however I'm not sure how to find out if I have it installed in the sandbox (running "flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.angelfish" just hangs, though launching the actual app works just fine).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I did a bit of research and it seems there's a command "lookandfeeltool" to change the Plasma theme; however I'm not sure how to find out if I have it installed in the sandbox (running "flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.angelfish" just hangs, though launching the actual app works just fine).
Thanks! Strange that it hangs, seems to be correct. I don't see that program, though. There maybe some other ways to work in Flatpak as they have some extensions with themes. Would require more investigation, it seems.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
taixzo:

looks like we can add file ~/.var/app/org.kde.mobile.angelfish/config/kdeglobals with

Code:
[Theme]
name=breeze-dark
Now will have to think how to make it user friendly.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Also, it seems that it doesn't hang forever - after leaving it along for a few hours, I came back and discovered that I was finally in a flatpak shell.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
New Flatpak Runner is out: 0.7.0

This adds simple theme selection in KDE apps. By default, it follows Silica theme and sets KDE theme either to dark or light accordingly.
You could also specify light or dark theme and opt out of the feature.

Settings are done via file in home folder (~/.var/app/FLATPAK-ID/config/kdeglobals) that is overwritten every time you start the app.
So, if you opt out, either edit or remove the file accordingly.

Let me know if there are issues with it, as testing was rather limited.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
org.telegram.desktop from flathub is working after adding env QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland, then crashing on some animated stickers ith:
Code:
[swscaler @ 0xe32af050] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgra.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
org.telegram.desktop from flathub is working after adding env QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland, then crashing on some animated stickers ith:
Code:
[swscaler @ 0xe32af050] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgra.
For some reason they have `--env=QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb` specified at https://github.com/flathub/org.teleg...sktop.json#L20 . Commit at https://github.com/flathub/org.teleg...558ad02bd81a3c

I guess you have to check and maybe file issue with Telegram.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Finally i was able to join the (non-sideload) flatpak party by simply trying form workplace connection :P

Still, same issues from my home T-Online connection. I have Routers & Firewalls set up exactly the same in both locations so i suspect something on T-Online Germany side blocking connection to the repo somehow?
I can open the logo.svg icon specified in the remote tho. Weird.

https://dl.flathub.org/repo/logo.svg

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I have a similar issue with it only working from some connections; the issue appears to be that DNS is returning ipv6 addresses for the repo domains, but flatpak doesn't seem to know what to do with them. It works fine on networks where ipv4 is prioritized.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak