Notices

Any user that doesn't want to jump through hoops won't bother. The rest of us have our jumping shoes on and everything.

Wouldn't mind a private beta test + access to the saucey code

Don't know how much time I'll have to make improvements to it though.

It's already on garage, right, and GeneralAntilles (and maybe others) has been commiting stuff as far as I can see. lcuk, if you did your development in the svn-checkedout version it should be just to first merge the svn changes back to the local copy: svn update
Then, after resolving any conflicts, to push local changes back up: svn commit
(But it's really much easier to do this continually, updating and commiting change by change.. )

If the local changes were done outside an svn tree then unpacking the tree over an svn checkout could be problematic, as it could easily overwrite/miss out changes done to the svn repository. In that case it would be better to create a branch and commit the changes there, later to be merged back to the trunk.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
I did, however I did mine in a slightly backdated version to "live".

I'll tell you what I did then see if SVN will "fix" it.
This is all my first experience with this kind of thing - previous software written by me has resided on my home machines with only one primary user

I pushed a version of liqbase to SVN.
I then continued to edit this version, however without having live SVN available, and ripped out a whole lot of things.

During this time, qwerty12 and GeneralAntilles very nicely ran through and built a base package and a bit of a webtemplate (which I *still* need to fill in).

But I could not get svn to work for me and had this extended version of liqbase running on my machine.

I have then spent the last couple of months with my head in the sand coding as time allows and have created what we have today.

I have not got svn or the packaging tools on my tablet anymore and I haven't wasted time trying.
This is what the call is for, i dont want to mess with svn or anything its not my forte and I will screw it up. I will however push the whole source onto my ftp tonight for a couple of silent supporters (you know who you are) to see if they can prepare everything for me.

Cool We'll look forward to seeing it soon.

Tangent: for anyone wanting to learn more about SVN stuff that hasn't seen it, the svn-book is really good - and you can download a pdf version for your tablets.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
heh @ hints.

Should I spend a week reading a book and gaining knowledge about svn, or should I carry on developing the app visually?

(this is the same dilemma I have about a lot of things, i have so little time I have to decide which target to aim for )

That wasn't really aimed at you (unless you wanted to read it).
You definitely keep on with the app, there are plenty of volunteers to do the other bits for you

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
That lcuk. Such a tease.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
yes, it is very simple ... you will not need to spend a week reading a book to figure out the basics.

even if it's just you, developing on your own machine.. it will save you more time than you can imagine. it's very handy to be able to look at the revision history, compare and review changes, and work on mutually exclusive features independently.

so do it. it will even make you a better programmer.

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
heh @ hints.

Should I spend a week reading a book and gaining knowledge about svn, or should I carry on developing the app visually?

(this is the same dilemma I have about a lot of things, i have so little time I have to decide which target to aim for )

The Following User Says Thank You to mikemorrison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I have a higher-res demo of his demo taken from the maemo summit that I've been struggling to upload all afternoon. I think someone's sitting on my bandwidth pipe.

The best part of liqbase is not what it does but what it represents: super speed graphics. Super speed scrolling. Oooh aaaah.