Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by British View Post
Yes, I read that, but you know... too many weeks without anything and we're getting dangerously close to Neo900 territory.

Hope can only last so long...
Not even close. As soon as collection of your money begins it might be. Currently it's just fiction of your imagination. Consider it just as real as parallel universes or Higgs boson. You might think it's real but you can't see it. So you have to wait and see

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-09-19 at 14:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Yes, I read that, but you know... too many weeks without anything and we're getting dangerously close to Neo900 territory.

It won't be. We are preparing the launch and promoting with Moto for the Keyboard Mod. Once it is launched we will have more exposure of Livermorium to the media. And having more audience for this device.

I will share more news as soon as I can.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Relax and give Chen a break. He is working on several projects. The Youyota tablet, Moto Mod keyboard, and Livermorium.

He will give us an update when the time allows him to.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
Relax and give Chen a break. He is working on several projects. The Youyota tablet, Moto Mod keyboard, and Livermorium.

He will give us an update when the time allows him to.
Thank you! More precisely is Keyboard Mod + this Keybpard device. And helping Michael overcome difficulties with Youyota tab.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
A small suggestion for the battery connection for your smartphone project.
If possible could you consider a similar assembly, with double high quality pogo pins on + and - battery terminals ?

The prongs that smartphones such as the Jolla 1, Fairphone2, etc. use tend to bend, break, or (in my phone's case) break their springs quite easily. This leads to spurious reboots whenever a bad contact causes a transient power loss.

Some older phone (like all Ericssons starting from the T28, like the pictured T39) tended to use high quality spring-loaded pogo pins instead (like those that the Jolla 1 uses for extensions, or like the Fairphone2 uses for bus connection between its modules),
and used 2 of them for battery terminals (this increases the contact area, and makes also the connection more secure).
In the photo's case, despite a decade in total of abuse, the pogo ping have held for the whole lifetime of the device (actually, as you can see, the battery backcover retension gave up first).

Another mechanism that avoids damage to the smartphone is the most commonly used with Laptop battery (I've also seen it on my HP Pre3) :
the device has no moving parts. Instead it only has solid straight metal bars. The moving parts are inside the battery : instead of flat contacts, it has clamps that catch the metal bars.

This moves breakable elements away from the device, but just transfers the problem to the battery making it a bit more expensive to produce.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Man, what do you do with your pongs? never happend to me during the last 5 years. god suggestion though !

I have the money ready to back this project. just need a campaign(and a refund if sail is included) and I am teady to go. I might spend it on HTC Folder if it could spot a onscreen qwerty on second screen.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
A small suggestion for the battery connection for your smartphone project.
If possible could you consider a similar assembly, with double high quality pogo pins on + and - battery terminals ?

http://www.sympato.ch/~dryak/files/t39-battery-pogo.jpg

The prongs that smartphones such as the Jolla 1, Fairphone2, etc. use tend to bend, break, or (in my phone's case) break their springs quite easily. This leads to spurious reboots whenever a bad contact causes a transient power loss.
The downside is that that the more custom the battery is, the harder it is to get replacement in case it's not producted anymore. Just check this topic.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
The downside is that that the more custom the battery is, the harder it is to get replacement in case it's not producted anymore.
Yes, that's why my first suggestion is to still use regular flat contacts on the battery, but use a little bit more sturdy and better contacts on the phone (high quality spring pogo-pins) as Ericsson did in the picture.

(I only gave the laptop-style bars and clamps as a second less likely example for the reason you mention : too custom in the smartphone world. HP Pre3 is the only one using such a thing)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
this topic
BTW:
Handling a hot soldering iron that close to a battery is *really* dangerous.

It would be much safer to order a specific one on internet, even if you need to import it from India.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
BTW:
Handling a hot soldering iron that close to a battery is *really* dangerous.

It would be much safer to order a specific one on internet, even if you need to import it from India.
Would gluing to the contacts with conductive glue make it better? The problem is that you can't be sure for how long that specific one is going to be available for order, even from India.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen