Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
Was there not a recovery mode within the fastboot menu when u flashed it? ,can you still Telnet into device for recovery ?

just thought of it , i maybe need to reflash my x , its not 100 %

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ country of yorkshire
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't flashing the software. I had installed the update successfully. It was after I tried to edit the text and install multisim that the phone wouldn't boot up.It hangs with the led showing orange and flashing on and off. I have clearly entered incorrect text somewhere, in addition I got a message saying the 2.1.4.13 jolla multisim couldn't be found. It will not let me get past the password authentication, I know the password is correct because I used it to edit the text initially. I reiterate if anyone can tell me how to do a full factory reset , it's not a problem because I backed everything up first.. Any ideas please.
As an aside my single sim after updating to 2.1.4.13 is showing the previous update as available! !

Last edited by rogger888; 2018-02-22 at 16:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogger888 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Sailors my xperia x is suffering out of memory, I need to defragment it, what steps to follow?
I do not undestand why jolla use BRTFS. many issues on it.
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Sailors my xperia x is suffering out of memory, I need to defragment it, what steps to follow?
Thanks.
There is no BTRFS on Xperia X.

The Following User Says Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
There is no BTRFS on Xperia X.
OK what file sistem are using? I do not checked. Also I reformated my sony-sdcard-64gb to BTRFS to using on 2.1.4 but not work.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-02-22 at 22:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
OK what file sistem are using? I do not checked. Also I reformated my sony-sdcard-64gb to BTRFS to using on 2.1.4 but not work.
Starting with Jolla C/Intex Aquafish Sailfish OS switched to the (IMHO much more robust) combination of EXT4 on LVM.

As for the issues with BTRFS, the main issues were likely caused by the unfortunate combination of a rather small volume size (16 GB) and very old kernel with a very old version of BTRFS. There were also issues with updating the factory reset state, which turned to be more or less impossible with BTRFS covering all useable space.

Given that there have been basically zero storage integrity related issues since the switch to EXT4 @ LVM I'd say the change has been very successful.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Yeap you right @MartinK to old the kernel at the same time BTRFS. So why jolla enabling BTRFS suport? when this File-Sistem only is good on top version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Personally, I'm glad Jolla switched to EXT4/LVM. BTRFS is great for snapshotting and subvolumes, but EXT4 is still faster in most use cases... and the gap is only widening as kernels are updated.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Thanks.
enable swap memory

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Memory swapping isn't necessarily a good idea with solid state memory (limited number of read/write operations then memory dies)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to objectifnul For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x