The instructions on the Nokia website for OS software update leave me stalled at the software wizard update, step 4 where it says "follow the instructions on screen to complete the software update". When I open my Nokia software update folder, there are NO INSTRUCTIONS that come up. There are files. Am I supposed to click on one of the two .exe files? One is flasherGui.exe and the other is flasherGui.exe config.

If I am going to end up needing to get a software update UPDATE, should I uninstall what I already have?

For those of us who are not computer savvy, this sort of thing is so frustrating.

Thanks for any help in advance.

flasherGui.exe is the Wizard who sould guide you step by step.

Double click on the flashergui.exe

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
That's kind of odd. I've flashed my N800 several times already (the result of failed attempts to boot from SDHC), and it's always been the following steps:

1. run software updater and click next until prompted to connect N800
2. switch off fully charged N800
3. connect N800 via USB to PC
4. power on N800 while holding down 'Home' key
5. watch for USB icon in top right hand corner, then release power button
6. back to software updater -- select version to update to, and proceed

I have never ever had to locate a Nokia software update folder. I've always run the software update wizard from the Start -> Programs. Why are you running it off the folder anyway?

Thanks for your replies. The flashgui.exe worked. One potentially confusing issue for anyone also using this info is that the software updater initially told me that there was an update to the software updater, asking me if I wanted to download it. However, when I clicked to get that update, it failed. Fortunately, as I continued with "next" on my "old" software updater, the OS2008 download/update went smoothly and quickly. Also to answer the question about my accessing the Nokia file on my PC., is that those are the instructions on the Nokia website for how to update the software on the tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to EllMay For This Useful Post: