Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
So, is it just me or does the VPN stuff not work at all? Lol. I can get "connected" but it doesn't create any routes or do anything useful.
It has been working for me most of the time with OpenVpn settings but i noticed after i changed vpn profiles a few times it showed my real location when connected. If i reboot and connect it then seems to work correctly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
If i want to use btrfs on a card this size do i need to format this externally to the phone, or is this pointless because of the btrfs driver issue mentioned up thread?
Currently, the kernel doesn't have the btrfs driver compiled in.

(Probably next week, I'll have some time to try to compile it, as a stop-gag measure until Jolla adds it officially).

So you can't mount it for now.

You'll have currently to go for EXT4, F2FS,
or you can try UDF (which is included, meaning you can have a Log-structured/CoW, cross-platform(*) and non-patented filesystem).

If you urgently *need* to access files from a BTRFS partition (e.g.: the µSDCX card of a dead Jolla 1), you could install 'btrfs-progs' and use ' btrfs restore /dev/mmc<bla>' to extract files without mounting them (that doesn't use the kernel and should work without the driver).

---

(*) : pay attention that currently, there's a small incompatibility between Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X.
One can only use UDF on *raw* flashmedia, while the other can only use UDF on *partitionned* flashmedia.
(Linux doesn't give a donkey's arse and can use either).
So you *MUST* use the trick by JElchison I've linked to make a hack partition table that point to the whole raw flash media, thus both Windows and OS X will see what they need.

(And in the specific case of Sailfish, I think sd-mount.sh will mount the raw media first, and then refuse to mount the partition because it's already mounted... must test)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
So, is it just me or does the VPN stuff not work at all? Lol. I can get "connected" but it doesn't create any routes or do anything useful.
I'm using it without any issues. It creates the route since i can ssh to my desktop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
What Android store are you using? Can you still do the Google Play store with manual installation as you could with Jolla 1?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Note that anbox relies on modern features in the kernel (Linux containers).
I'm not sure if the 3.4.xxx generation of kernel with which we are stuck (thanks to Qualcomm) will be able to support all the required LXC features.

It also requires on the android-specific kernel mods (as far as I remember: mostly the weird android message bus). So even if you're on a recent/rolling distro, you need to compile and load a couple of modules.
Yes currently 3.4 kernel's don't work, but with enough patches it should work. At the moment, we're focussing on sorting the more fundamental parts of anbox in order to get it to work in Sailfish (installation, booting, input etc.) then we'll look at 3.4 kernels.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
What Android store are you using? Can you still do the Google Play store with manual installation as you could with Jolla 1?
Google Play store downloading does not work anymore even with Jolla 1, apparently due to Google's changes that block unauthorized devices.

You can use Yalp store to get applications from Google Play store.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Can someone who's installed Official Sailfish X on the official device, ie Sony Xperia X F5121 post a few pictures taken from the camera?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
And can someone please give me a link to the community build for X Compact if one exists?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Can someone who's installed Official Sailfish X on the official device, ie Sony Xperia X F5121 post a few pictures taken from the camera?
Hi.

Here you go:
------------------------------
http://imagezilla.net/show/KCLXA2s-20171012-120917.jpg

Regards

Last edited by pasko; 2017-10-13 at 11:06. Reason: Undesired link

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.

Here you go:

http://imagezilla.net/show/s28DlKt-20171012-120922.jpg
------------------------------
http://imagezilla.net/show/KCLXA2s-20171012-120917.jpg

Regards
there is something odd with your first link!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x