Active Topics

As a CS+math student, I use a Mozilla extension called Scrapbook to save the lectures notes that are given in html and then copy them onto my Tablet instead of printing them. I store pdf textbooks on it as well. I take text notes, haven't tried LaTeX. No much programming, but ssh is useful to access my account now and again. I wish it had a camera to take pictures (I'm talking 770 here) to take pics of people's notes.
It's also my calendar (it syncs with the Google one) + to-do list. And, most importantly, it's my mp3 player on my way to school. :P

So what to do? I'd prepare some folders with stuff I'd like to have at hand to copy it ont the Nokia later. Like an mp3 folder, the school notes in a second one, a language course in a third one (I learn arabic),...
I'd read the forums and choose some software (like the calendar and to-do list, a text editor,...)

The Following User Says Thank You to lilavati For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
bonaojnfr525:

You could spend the week learning more about Linux, depending on how well-versed you already are. Command-line skills can come in handy--vi and usage of apt-get, for example.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gaeta, Italy
I too am waiting for mine to come in about a week and I have been on the forums reading quite a bit about certain bug issues and the software I would like to try out and some general linux commands since I am a novice on that front, although I do program for other languages. I am hoping to get to know this device over the next 6 months while finishing up my BS degree in software engineering and hope to write some useful apps for the community as well .

Originally Posted by lilavati View Post
(...) I use a Mozilla extension called Scrapbook to save the lectures notes that are given in html and then copy them onto my Tablet instead of printing them. (...)
Great tip for offline browsing, thanks. I usually save webpages as A5-sized pdf files with Firefox using the cupspdf package, which is available for linux and OSx, and then write notes on them using Xournal on my n800.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-01-01 at 21:19.

T-mobile just lowered their total plan (hotspot/Internet/Edge) to 19.95. The lower plan is not great for Internet, only e-mailing/IMing kinds of tasks...

BTW, did you order from Dell? I am still waiting for my Jan 9 -11 date...Been using the N770 and just as I was about to get the N800 saw the N810 would be out...any day now...months ago...