Active Topics

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
its amazing what google can get you these days...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1396599
Yeah, so I would have to root Android 3.2 just to install this software...

Following the "Ram Manager" topic, we can read that the software killing problem is not solved at all.

I was a Psion SIBO (Epoc 16) & Epoc 32 user and developer, so in my opinion and experience I have the right to say well aloud : Android, iOS, WP7 are really dumbed down mobile OS.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
I get great idle times on my n900 with skype and wifi even with GSM on, over 48 hours at least.

SIP is a battery drain if using standard UDP, Sipdroid for android engineered SIP to use TCP instead of the traditional UDP, this cuts down on battery usage but requires you to use a intermediate server since many SIP providers are not capable of using TCP. You can use SIP with TCP only on n900, if you use a SIP server that supports TCP or an intermediary, and use the Advanced configuration to use TCP only instead of the default Auto.

Last edited by pataphysician; 2012-02-19 at 17:01.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Lol you guys should take it easy a little bit.. the guy is just expressing what he (himself) noticed different with (his) N900.. Like my N900 doesn't last long being idle anymore too... but I know that I need to get a new battery for it.. he could be experiencing similar issues..

Also, yes capacitive screens aren't as accurate as resistive, but for the average joe, it's better and easier to use than the resistive screen.. ;P

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
The resistive screen accuracy is useless on a 3.5" screen. Even if it had perfect accuracy, the human hand is usually not as precise, to be able to aim the stylus at the right pixel. And when not using a stylus, the accuracy advantage is gone.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
The resistive screen accuracy is useless on a 3.5" screen. Even if it had perfect accuracy, the human hand is usually not as precise, to be able to aim the stylus at the right pixel. And when not using a stylus, the accuracy advantage is gone.
I disagree.

Have your ever used Easy Debian, LXDE or OpenOffice on a N900 ? Without stylus is almost impossible.

I use stylus on my N900 everytime, it is a lot more accurate than using fingers.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
radu @, just give urs N900 to me, lol

its geeky time

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
I disagree.

Have your ever used Easy Debian, LXDE or OpenOffice on a N900 ? Without stylus is almost impossible.

I use stylus on my N900 everytime, it is a lot more accurate than using fingers.
I tried to use Ubuntu on Android. It worked fine with the finger, given 5" size. Worked fine as in the click was fairly accurate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Some people just aren't meant to use an N900...

But there's nothing wrong with that. Use what you like. You only live once.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:
You mean that after using it for almost 18 months I was not meant to use it forever?

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
you have ur own choice, so do we, just respect each other,

im not nokia fanboy, but whatever company that can give us maemo a new life, i will go for it, good afternoon sir

Tags
android, byebye nokia