Active Topics

Hello!

When Im trying to do backup from Ovi Suite it says "Internal Error". When Im trying to view for example photos via Ovi Suite it says that I have to unplug and then plug again the phone. I had tried on 3 different computers, everytime with the same result. Any ideas how to fix this?

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Originally Posted by ukaef View Post
Hello!

When Im trying to do backup from Ovi Suite it says "Internal Error". When Im trying to view for example photos via Ovi Suite it says that I have to unplug and then plug again the phone. I had tried on 3 different computers, everytime with the same result. Any ideas how to fix this?
Yes many will call this a daft question. But have you turned the phone off and took ehte b82ry out the popped it back in. Then gave it a shot.

If not try a new USB cable, or are there any new programs that you have installed recently prior to this happening?

Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
If not try a new USB cable, or are there any new programs that you have installed recently prior to this happening?
Cable is not the issue for sure, It is working fine not only with this phone. I have got tons of apps installed, dont know how long have the problem with OVI because i didnt use it since pr 1.2 update.

Try updating your OVI Suite to version 2.2 and see how you get on with that.

Also try another nokia with the same cable to see if you still get the problem.

If your don't I think you may need to re-flash your device just incase it never installed properly. If the other device does work then it's a application error. What OS are you using btw?

And just a quick heads up PR 1.3 is out now too. With that you can sync everything. The only thing that does not work that I have noticed is the Incoming call and text alerts that you get on screen. (PC Suit - Notifications)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kamen For This Useful Post:
I had newest OVI suite for sure, I cant test it on another nokia cause I dont have one I was trying to backup on Win7 64bits and WinXP 32bits, with the same result. On both PCs I got newest version of OVI Suite. I thought that anyone else facing this problem, but its not necesery to backup anymore for me and make OVI working, cause I installed PR 1.3 using apt-get so my data remains on the phone memory (I have to say that I was holding my breath when updateing to not brick my n900 - reflash would erase important files for me).

Update to PR 1.3 was the only reason I want to backup my data.

guys I used to back up and sync my data with OVI suite when I had PR1.2.
Now after I upgraded to PR1.3, i cannot sync or even back up anymore using the cable, but the wierd thing i can only sync with N900 connected to ovi suite through bluetooth

this PR1.3 is really a disappointment and full of bugs

Originally Posted by wshamroukh View Post
guys I used to back up and sync my data with OVI suite when I had PR1.2.
Now after I upgraded to PR1.3, i cannot sync or even back up anymore using the cable, but the wierd thing i can only sync with N900 connected to ovi suite through bluetooth
I checked it again, and it is still not working for me. When Im trying to sync something I see "not synchronized. please unplug, and then plug again your cable". Of course replugging didnt helped. And backup is still not working too.

Originally Posted by wshamroukh View Post
this PR1.3 is really a disappointment and full of bugs
PLEASE stop moan! Everyone moan, despite the fact we are very lucky that n900 is not abandoned by those, who spend a lot of time programming maemo and making it better. Maybe they shouldnt named that update "1.3", but Im very thankful that someone is still developing it!

Well what have you guys installed on yuor phones there must be a bug with some of the apps your using. I flashed my phone to PR 1.3 and it works fine all methods of connecting my N900.

Are you using a custom kernal have you installed apps that are buggy, extras, extra devels?? How did you get PR 1.3. Did you flash using the flasher (Vista and Windows 7 64 bit) "Run as Administrator" or was it OTA or did you use the nokia software updater?