Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by dubious_dog View Post
I'm in Canada, and I also have my network Telus Mobility as an icon in the applications list. I think this is normal, as two of my previous phones also had an icon in the app list (Blackberry Bold and LG Optimus 3D)

I also have the same question as you, I wonder if we can flash a different region firmware? If yes, how do we do it?

I have the black 64GB from handtec and the product variant is 059J1V4 - RM-696 NDT AUSTRIA BLACK 64GB

PS: I just encountered another reboot , it happened when I was swiping from task manger to the app list (I had about 10 apps opened at the time).
I live in Canada and I use Fido Network. I have the same Nokia N9 64GB (059J1V4 - RM-696 NDT AUSTRIA BLACK) unit like you from Handtech and it's "Made in Finland".

My unit crash all the time at the beginning and I was unable to open Maps or Drive...

So I decide to do a "Hard Reset", and now everything work well no more crashes.

But I can't download any maps on my Nokia N9 to use my GPS offline...

Are you able to download Maps in "Manage maps"?

Last edited by llDonovanll; 2011-11-06 at 06:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to llDonovanll For This Useful Post:
Is there any kernel dev around?
When I had no logging enabled, n9 stored crashes anyway. From syslog:
Code:
Kernel command line:  init=/sbin/preinit root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rootflags=errors=remount-ro rootfstype=ext4 rw mtdoops.mtddev=log mtdoops.record_size=65536 console=tty0 mtdparts=omap2-onenand:1024k(bootloader),2816k@1024k(config),16384k@3840k(kernel),2048k@20224k(log),469248k@22272k(swap),32768k@491520k(moslo) bootreason=32wd_to...
found out that kernel 'oops' data is dropped on /dev/mtd3.
I'm not good in debugging that, so maybe someone can tell me what was the reason for crashes?
Attached Files
File Type: gz mtd3.tar.gz (72.0 KB, 72 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjsgls For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by trbs View Post
an official announcement or recall by Nokia)
I am led to believe Nokia Care may have admitted some motherboard problems in early N9 64GB batches - but I cannot find the reference now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Aaarggh! Handtec now seem to be saying that whilst they would normally replace my returned faulty unit they have no stock so may just give me my money back ...

Am seeking further clarification

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Aaarggh! Handtec now seem to be saying that whilst they would normally replace my returned faulty unit they have no stock so may just give me my money back ...

Am seeking further clarification
Isn't that what we expected? They got a batch and flogged them all. I asked for a refund straight out - if Handtec get more in I may re-buy from them, if someone else gets them in sooner then I'll go elsewhere. Or maybe I'll wait for the mystical Cyan 64gb to materialise. I may be waiting some time...

>Isn't that what we expected?

No; I checked with them whether they were expecting new stock soon, and they originally confirmed this was the case and that I would get a replacement unit. They have now seemingly changed their mind. Even though their site still says new stock expected soon.

Update: latest info from Handtec is that they have no idea whren new N9 64Gb stock will be coming in. They are expecting delays. So now I need to find another supplier ...

Last edited by strongm; 2011-11-07 at 13:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
>Isn't that what we expected?
Update: latest info from Handtec is that they have no idea whren new N9 64Gb stock will be coming in. They are expecting delays. So now I need to find another supplier ...
http://www.clickok.se/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:4233463 claims they have some (106?), but somebody reported that they take their time to ship and the postal service takes their time to deliver as well.
I asked them if they could give me at least email support in English in case I needed to return it and they replied (in English) that they only did support in Swedish. Reminds me of a Family Guy episode.

<rant>In the meantime, on Earth, in the UK, you can already preorder the Lumia 800 for as little as £26 a month for 2 years and a juicy contract. Thanks, Elop, well done!</rant>

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
http://www.clickok.se/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:4233463 claims they have some (106?), but somebody reported that they take their time to ship and the postal service takes their time to deliver as well.
I asked them if they could give me at least email support in English in case I needed to return it and they replied (in English) that they only did support in Swedish. Reminds me of a Family Guy episode.

<rant>In the meantime, on Earth, in the UK, you can already preorder the Lumia 800 for as little as £26 a month for 2 years and a juicy contract. Thanks, Elop, well done!</rant>
clickok may be my next port of call. Once Handtec actually confirm they are refunding me.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
For potential alternatives in the UK, PurelyGadgets and Expansys both have some in stock (though in the case of expansys, only 16GB).
PurelyGadgets have low numbers of stock of all 3 16GB models and 64GB black, per:

http://search.purelygadgets.co.uk/se...ug=&w=nokia+n9

I've checked with them that the stock definitely exists and theyve confirmed they have them (I have an order open i'm hoping will ship today).

Expansys however say they have quite a few (48) of the 16GB blacks, at a slightly higher price, available at:

http://www.expansys.com/nokia-n9-sma...k-16gb-219484/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
having been using my trusty overclocked kernel powered swappolubed cssu'd 900 since returning my n9, I'm thinking of sticking with the chunky keyboarded reliable friend and putting the best part of 600 notes towards some tools for my new sheet metal workshop :P

it was fun whilst it lasted, but I find the hwkbd to be much more to my taste...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HughF_UK For This Useful Post: