Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Have you tried to install Android apps via cli?
Not yet. First, I wanted to ensure all other functions are stable and just quickly checked AD. Now, it looks like I am in that position, so about jumping back to AD to look into it.
Although, I don't think installation via CLI would work because the adb shell doesn't detect the device. I've seen one of the AD binary was crashing internally, so I am not sure what I can do about it. We'll see.

I've completed the SFOS 4.0.1.48 build for the hammerhead. The download link is available in my signature. (Bad news, apps cannot be installed on AD anymore. If anyone would like to help out, let me know and I'll post the instruction on how to start AD itself.)

A little extra work/investigation is still required to make the freshly introduced sailjal (firejail) support more efficient, but in general, it works fine in the current build.
Any issues and/or questions, please let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I've completed the SFOS 4.0.1.48 build for the hammerhead. The download link is available in my signature. (Bad news, apps cannot be installed on AD anymore. If anyone would like to help out, let me know and I'll post the instruction on how to start AD itself.)

A little extra work/investigation is still required to make the freshly introduced sailjal (firejail) support more efficient, but in general, it works fine in the current build.
Any issues and/or questions, please let me know.
install sailfish 4.0.1.48, the browser says "server not found" and error the weather says "error loading". thanks for your job!

Originally Posted by zarosky View Post
install sailfish 4.0.1.48, the browser says "server not found" and error the weather says "error loading". thanks for your job!
I think you managed to download the first image I uploaded. That has this issue and I just realised when I uploaded it. Since the issue is fixed. I recommend you do download the image again and try that. (The image name has not changed I just built this new one a few hours after the first one.)

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I think you managed to download the first image I uploaded. That has this issue and I just realised when I uploaded it. Since the issue is fixed. I recommend you do download the image again and try that. (The image name has not changed I just built this new one a few hours after the first one.)
Yes, it is as you say. Thanks a lot! It works great.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2021 @ Belgium
Thanks for the new image, I had the same problem with "server not found" on my Nexus 5.
Installed the new Image as you described.
But got the "server not Found" problem again after a while.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2021 @ Belgium
I installed a second SFOS rom on my Nexus 5, now the Sailfish browser continues to work perfectly.
Thanks for the great work.
I only have problems linking my Google Mail and Users. It keeps giving an "Account Error", "Could not create account".
I don't get a window where I can enter my email address and password.

Last edited by FranAlex; 2021-02-28 at 20:33. Reason: Type error

The Following User Says Thank You to FranAlex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FranAlex View Post
I installed a second SFOS rom on my Nexus 5, now the Sailfish browser continues to work perfectly.
Thanks for the great work.
I only have problems linking my Google Mail and Users. It keeps giving an "Account Error", "Could not create account".
I don't get a window where I can enter my email address and password.
Is this happening in Settings/Accounts?
Have you tried to define your google email account as a generic email? (I've defined that way when I used my gmail.)

Hello everybody,

Thanks to edp17. He helped me installing SFOS on my Nexus 5.

I have now in my Nexus 5:
Stock Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) and SFOS version 2.0.1.11 (MultiROM).
multirom-20160207-v33-hammerhead.zip installed
kernel_kexec_hammerhead_601 installed
TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630 installed

- What is the best SFOS version for Nexus 5?
2, 3 many versions? or 4?
For daily use give me the best version exactly.

Exemple:
AD compatibility and camera front/rear works in Whatsapp..

- If i would like to install LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) or LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) with my TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630 on recovery, is it possible? How to?
If not possible how to install android 10 or 11 with my device?

Regards

Last edited by n950; 2021-03-01 at 21:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
Hello everybody,

Thanks to edp17. He helped me installing SFOS on my Nexus 5.

I have now in my Nexus 5:
Stock Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) and SFOS version 2.0.1.11 (MultiROM).
multirom-20160207-v33-hammerhead.zip installed
kernel_kexec_hammerhead_601 installed
TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630 installed

- What is the best SFOS version for Nexus 5?
2, 3 many versions? or 4?
For daily use give me the best version exactly.

Exemple:
AD compatibility and camera front/rear works in Whatsapp..

- If i would like to install LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) or LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) with my TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630 on recovery, is it possible? How to?
If not possible how to install android 10 or 11 with my device?

Regards
I add this here to help others too: Bear in mind that if you'd like to flash a zip file on a secondary Rom, you cannot do that with the TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20160210.img. You need the older version TWRP_multirom_hammerhead_20150630.img for that.

Which is the best SFOS version?
I think it depends on what you would like to use it for. If you are happy with the native browser and apps and don't need AD, I think always the latest version is the best.
However, if you need AD, you need to stick with an older SFOS. (Although, because of the old AD, in there, many apps do not work properly or do not even start.)

Camera?
Video recording is generally broken on this base (CM12.1), so that option is not available. (In addition: on SFOS 3.3 the viewfinder displays a black screen when you take photos, this is fixed in 3.4 and 4.0)
Whatsapp will only work for texting and calling but won't work with video at all.

I cannot comment on how to install a newer android as a secondary Rom as I never needed it. You need to find a Rom that works and you trust and try it. Then let us know you experience.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid