Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Ok, what's in the packages? Baseball cards? Individually wrapped floppy disks? Nice pic!

Thanks!

Magic Cards are in there, specifically from the Modern Horizons set.
I play for over 15 years every Friday night casually with friends. Quite often till midnight or longer and I don't think I will ever stop enjoying the game

You can find the full picture here.

----

The decision between spfoo, kinggo and Pentona was difficult. I like many other pictures too, especially DDark's, but these fit the topic well.

My vote goes to #2 spfoo

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
@Fellfrosch this month it was shot for competition, last month it was taken from previous shots. I dropped an explanation few pages earlier, on why use old city.

Hard one, I really liked #2 spfoo, #6 saponga, #10 kinggo and #11 robthebold.

And my vote goes to #2 spfoo, unable to explain why =) maybe just FIFO.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I'm tempted to vote for koiruss just because I love his Bulli and the Pic is also fine. Unfortunately I found no pattern in this pic.
I didn't post it for the competition, but only wanted to take part to t3 conversation. So I meant that "my pattern" consists of three bulli's on this forum; mine, yours and mosen's. But no real pattern there so I'm off from the competition.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Definitely spfoo, #2.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 458 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
My vote goes to #10 kinggo.

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
someone's meditation labyrinth
It's a playground Troy Town.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pentona For This Useful Post:
My vote is for #6 saponga

I can't get that image out of my head!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spfoo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I have a Bluestar Multivan. Your's is also a "Wasserboxer". Which engine?
Wooow, what a beauty!!

Mine sadly has not much luck with engines...
It is already the second during my 10 years and i think it had multiple engines already before. The original JX 1.6 TD was swapped at least once for the south africa KY 1.7L version with better cooling. That one i lost when the timing belt ripped on the autobahn at 100km/h and all pistons went bonanza in a giant bang, including parts shooting through the headcover and sticking in the ceiling
That event had a good outcome though. I was rescued by a local T3 enthusiast after posting in a forum and from there on i really earned how to maintain the T3 myself. It is kind of like a C64 if you think about it. One of the last cars/computers one man alone can fully understand
Now i have an AAZ 1.9L TD from a 180tKm Golf 3 in it with added 50tKm.
That motor is a great one to fit in that particulary heavy and "air-resistant" T3. I can finally climb hills without falling back to 60Km/h and not troll the truckers too much when fully loaded I never dared to go full speed downhill but it now goes 115Km/h straight, like any ordinary T3 does.

The car is unique in other ways also.
All exterior parts i took from a wrecked White Star as you can see when comparing the original version of my model when built in 1986.

But the best about it, after sinking ~30k€ into it over the last 10 years i now finally scored a decent lead for it by accident and it is VW itself as bragged about already in previous post
We are currently in discussion for the IAA on short notice and a 3 week presentation of new T6 models in amsterdam \o/
I will try to sell it to them so they restaurate it mint.
The deal they currently offer would involve me keeping the car, them restoring it and me then paying with a certain amount of free service/free events.

Let's see how it turns out.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-06-29 at 03:03.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
@mosen that deal doesn't sound too bad! Even so my heart would bleed, if I had to sell my Bulli (eben though you can keep it). But anyway if they restore it to mint conditions, that's brilliant, even so it looks on you pic already pretty nice. I think it is a very unique model you have.

My Bulli got it's H-Plate shortly. So it is from 1989. Original Projekt Zwo conversion (i reversed the suspensions to the original - too low to hard).
I have it for six years now. First paint, first engine. The engine got a revision after 275.000 km. Now there are 370.000 on the odo. The engine is a MV which, after backfitting a catalyst, now has 92 hp just like the SS engine. It runs - if needed 140 km/h - but of course I never do that.

I can unfortunately confirm, that it is not cheap to keep it in good conditions. There are always things to do. Never the less, If you maintain it regularly, it's a very reliable friend, who brings you where ever you want.

@DDark SORRY! I got it wrong. I keep it in mind for the next competitions.

@koiruss I leave your pic in the line anyway. Thanx for sharing it. Can you also tell a little bit about your Bulli.

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2019-06-29 at 05:31.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
@mosen that deal doesn't sound too bad! Even so my heart would bleed, if I had to sell my Bulli (eben though you can keep it).
The problem with that kind of deal is, it works for coffee, currywurst and crepes trucks as they have very low costs upfront to produce their product and employ cheap students to sell it off.
I have whooping 30% to invest before i can "pay back" anything and do everything myself.
Also, they already know my price, which i set rather high already knowing i deal with a billion € company.
But i can only imagine what it will cost to completely restore my Borco-Höhns bodywork which even VW engineers have now clue about and would need to "investigate" further.
Having learned they invested 100k€ to make a original Coca cola T1 mint, this would mean i enslave myself for the next years to VW

I am not on this earth to help a billion dollar company to maintain its heritage with only one cent of my money or labor.
I have seen too much obvious waste of resources on the tour through the facility when they claimed to be super "thriftly and money-saving" after the dieselscandel. They have no clue what those words mean
Also knowing what they pay to lazy influencers, i think they will have to come up with a special deal to get the only and legendary Sushi-Mobil

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
@koiruss I leave your pic in the line anyway. Thanx for sharing it. Can you also tell a little bit about your Bulli.
Here you go I bought mine like half a year ago. It is a -86 syncro with a decoupler (visco still there) and front/rear lockers. Previous owner had made full restoration for the body, and also had restored/replaced the engine and gearbox. He decided to go with original DJ engine instead of swapping a Subaru engine or converting to TDI which is quite popular nowadays in Finland. I like the DJ engine pretty much. Being the most powerful of the original engines, 112hp is not much but it gives great torque and decent road travelling speeds. However it isn't the most environment-friendly (or wallet-friendly) engine, so I have been thinking of swapping to some newer VW TDI or gasoline engine.

So far I haven't done anything for the engine. I built a convertible bed to the rear, installed a heater, added noise deadening and insulation, did some rewiring and added a leisure battery and stuff like that. We had our summer vacation in May and did a nice road trip to Baltic countries, and that's where that photo was from. Also we got hit by a local SUV in Latvia, so there's some body work to do... My girlfriend actually made an Instagram account for the van, so check it up if you like. You can find it here: https://www.instagram.com/syoksysampyla86/?hl=fi

Last edited by Koiruus; 2019-06-29 at 20:32. Reason: typos

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition