TMO was right.
Nokia didnt listen.
The world lost.

Lumiaman was wrong also. MS never got it (WinCE v1 - v8) working like people wanted. WP and W8 suck.

The justice is done, if MS in couple of years dies away. Keep boycotting Microsoft, and tell others about it. Should be easier after the NSA leaks to get people to switch to OSS (Linux, Libreoffice, Ekiga, ...) from Microsoft (Windows, MS Office, Skype, ...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Anyways, MS is the only growing OS these days and I think they have a good product but that is not enough in this ultra competitive days. Jolla really has no chance whatsoever. It has no brand presence anywhere, is not even a blip on google trends and overall a leaderless bunch of not sure whos.
Who really cares about some trends? Looks like the purchase of the Jolla phone might depend on some stupid criteria.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
TMO was right.
Nokia didnt listen.
The world lost.

Lumiaman was wrong also. MS never got it (WinCE v1 - v8) working like people wanted. WP and W8 suck.

The justice is done, if MS in couple of years dies away. Keep boycotting Microsoft, and tell others about it. Should be easier after the NSA leaks to get people to switch to OSS (Linux, Libreoffice, Ekiga, ...) from Microsoft (Windows, MS Office, Skype, ...)
ROTFL your so damn naive, Microsoft will not die. Most people will continue use Windows even if they only use it for simple task like web surfing. Also the fact that linux cannot replace windows cause there is no XYZ apps needed for xyz bussiness(photoshop, cad etc). And btw. most people does not care about NSA. They will forget it as soon as media finds something else talk about.

Also Microsoft will start massive patent troll for real 2014. And WP will grow in european and Asia simply because of massive marketing FUD and massive lobbying. This will also happen on the HW side. Microsoft will make sure they get the drivers first with help of money. Microsoft will also make sure too lock bootloaders on ARM and so on. Just wait and see

I would not mind if Jolla took more of the market than WP does in europe. But that will not happen simply because they dont have the money. Microsoft has.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-10-06 at 01:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
ROTFL your so damn naive, Microsoft will not die. The patent troll will begin for real 2014. And WP will grow in european and Asia simply because of massive marketing FUD and massive lobbying. This will also happen on the HW side. Microsoft will make sure they get the drivers first with help of money and lock bootloaders on ARM etc...

I would not mind if Jolla took more of the market than WP does in europe. But that will not happen simply because they dont have the money. Microsoft has.
Yeah Microsoft wont be going anywhere many, many years to come.

Just to give example, Microsoft has $68 billion net cash reserves outside US that it can't move back to US because of tax reasons. It has been looking some years now to put that money to use. Nokia buy is funded by that cash and it hardly even shows.

Let alone that they have had record profit year behind them.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Yeah Microsoft wont be going anywhere many, many years to come.

Just to give example, Microsoft has $68 billion net cash reserves outside US that it can't move back to US because of tax reasons. It has been looking some years now to put that money to use. Nokia buy is funded by that cash and it hardly even shows.
Wait... what? I know nothing of this. Any credible links?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Check this out :

http://ycharts.com/companies/MSFT/cash_on_hand

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
http://qz.com/120616/microsoft-is-fu...om-the-taxman/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Anybody surprised by this?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
No. They will buy their way to success.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Anybody surprised by this?
By what exactly?
I remember reading about it last year. Investors were rightly so pushing MS to do something with that cash.

I don't believe the cash reserves were directly linked to Nokia buy. The pile has been being build for years for tax reasons.

Last edited by tissot; 2013-10-06 at 05:55.

Tags
espionage, trojan man