Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Anyone know if we will see sfdroid support on the cm12 base soon? I'd like to upgrade but I need a couple of Andorid applications.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
Anyone know if we will see sfdroid support on the cm12 base soon? I'd like to upgrade but I need a couple of Andorid applications.
Soon from Jolla's dictionary yes, I flashed cm12.1 based sailfish yesterday and have been trying the archaic way of getting Android booting inside Sailfish , once I can successfully boot into and switch between Android and Sailfish then I'll start the actual sfdroid port. The archaic method is so I know what init.rc modifications are needed, and if Android is more or less functional than the archaic method in CM11 based Sailfish.

At the moment I'm having problems getting ssh working after making the init.rc modifications So I can't switch between compositors.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Does anyone know how to change the max volume on the various speakers for ported HW? Wondering if it's a pulseaudio setting that can be changed by users, or something that will require actual changes and recompilation of something.

Asking for FP2 really but I'm hoping this is something that will be the same on N5 and other hardware (seems to be a common problem ).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Regarding CM12 based SFOS: I am using it for more than two weeks. As mentioned before bluetooth connectivity is more stable, video recording works somehow (crashes on second recording) and battery life is also significantly improved. Nevertheless, i miss OTA updates and Sfdroid which are not ready yet.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Does anyone know how to toggle the volume level in SF Droid applications? They also do not appear to pipe audio over the head phones when they are plugged in.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know how to toggle the volume level in SF Droid applications? They also do not appear to pipe audio over the head phones when they are plugged in.
Yes, you can't. We're lucky audio even works in the first place. You can try and go to the audio settings in the Settings page in Android, and reduce it there, but not sure if that will do anything. As for the headphones thing yh that doesn't work, and no idea how to make it work.

EDIT: Going to the Android settings and lowering volume in there SHOULD work.

Last edited by nh1402; 2016-05-17 at 07:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Finland
you can change volume level in android settings, i keep it on silent.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJ m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
... video recording works somehow (crashes on second recording) ...
I found a solution or workaround (by chance) to that problem. You can in fact capture multiple videos with the camera app, but you have to switch to 'camera mode' and back to 'video mode' after each recording. Then you're good again for one take.

"ceterum censeo": The Nexus 5 has become a quiet reliable toy with SailfishOS. I call mine 'Pris'... a basic Nexus pleasure model.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Going to grab the CM12.1 sources today disable all references to WiFi scanning and then give SSH another stab.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Does anyone know how to change the max volume on the various speakers for ported HW? Wondering if it's a pulseaudio setting that can be changed by users, or something that will require actual changes and recompilation of something.
Hi. I use a widget on desktop to quickly change all different volumes...it does the job for me.

EDIT: not all widgets work. I use Volume Control Widget. Tested and working! But there're others...
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post: