Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Please, read the Pocket Now interview :

So this "Other Half" cover is not a dummy one with NFC card, but has/can have power contacts and other connections.

The community is giving many ideas via Twitter, like cover with solar cell, etc.
Interesting ! VERY INTERESTING !

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Check out my 'other-half'. It goes into production later this year. Price is 1000 euros, and I'm accepting pre-orders for 200 euros. No free t-shirts.

My website

GitHub

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
Originally Posted by [Knuckles] View Post
Look at Apple: the iphone 3GS, came out a few months before the N900 and is still _supported_. It still gets iOS updates. It's just incredible! And why does Apple does this? Ecosystem. Instead of having a new platform every release and burning all the bridges, you invite all your older friends and your userbase always grows, instead of you always starting from scratch.
Speaking as one who's surrounded by family members and friends with iPhone 3GSes, calling it "still supported" is an extraordinarily dubious position to take. It's "supported" in the sense that it's getting updates that slow it down to a crawl and make it a frustrating hassle to use - to the point that calls sometimes go unanswered because the UI can't respond in time to realize that yes, you do want to take this call (after 30 seconds of trying!). How very "useful".

That's a level of "support" that I could - and do - happily do without. Sadly, I can't drag the rest of the family with me quite yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
It looks annoyingly big in comparison. I start to worry.
Reminds me of iPhone 4 versus iPhone 5, personally. The proportions are pretty similar.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
speaking desing ...

as will be the Lumia 938 ... looks like a juice box..and dual-core
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Where is the slide out keyboard?
Apparently, that can be added through a custom back cover [1]. I am interested in the back cover story since all I can think about other than a keyboard back cover is an e-ink touch display back cover.

[1]See http://pocketnow.com/2013/05/20/joll...ew-marc-dillon

The Following User Says Thank You to bugzy For This Useful Post:
P: I’m sure you’re aware that one of the biggest other-half possibilities we’ve heard, on Twitter and in comments, is one that supports a physical QWERTY keyboard. Is that a possibility?

MD: I have a big smile on my face! The sky is the limit, and the imagination is the limit for what can be done with the other-half.
this is what i imagined, an in-box/accesssories detachable HWKB which to solve the interest between dummies (full touch screen wannabes) and serious-ee (HWKB user). I am glad Jolla give a solid way for this appraoch to be possible.

with "the other half" , I can imagine nfc hwkb to be detached at the phone's back. Look at the camera module position, it is really possible for it to make space for hwkb accesories. hopefully they will come with stock detachable HWKB for reference.

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Jolla, the same people that couldn't add 1 and 1 together when they barely glued N9. The same people that made your SMS threads mix recipients. The same people that produced the worst email client in the history of smartphones. Jolla, the group that can't professionally present their product. Jolla, the unwashed, unkempt, smelly programmer that lack the discipline to code it right and fluent. And you all want too give them money? Hahahahhaha banana ....
Thanks for sharing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Though I dislike the large bezel it does leave room for game controls if we can get a other half that attaches game controls.

Kind of like this nintendo concept phone
http://www.concept-phones.com/gaming...ing-wii-video/
but smaller with the controllers on the bezel.

So possibilities are for the other half
1) HW KB
2) Extra Battery
3) E Ink display showing selectable image using super low power
4) Artistic covers that interact with ambiance and add consumable or secret special content using NFC and its own memory including holographic images that contain tags or glow in the dark cases
5) Game controllers
6) Solar charger with extra battery maybe from goal zero
7) Liquidmetal super case that keeps bouncing when you drop it
8) Case with kickstand
9) Tricorder
10) Stun Gun
11) Swiss army case includes many pull out tools like vibrating toothbrush and pleasure devices
12) Wireless charging and battery
13) Pico projector
14) track pad or pull out blue tooth dual mouse/headset
15) Case with dock connections
16) Something giving it more power to act as a desktop with dock
17) Alternative charging like kinetic charger or fuel cell
18) Sticky case or mini bean bag for in car on your dash so it wont move
19) Police radar detector lol
20) Self destruct device in case of theft

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
This must be the front camera? I surely hope it has one.
Attached Images

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red