Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What's a normal price?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by hayman View Post
Please post only news about N9
I think most of us don't need to know that andriod is better or iphone...this site cald meamo zo keep it that way,wanna andr or ios check other site,,,
Sorry about that..and thanx for all the news about meego and N9.. I'll buy it,if it has a normal price
Forgive. My bad english
Please remain on topic. I think most of us don't need to know that you're annoyed by related but diverging points of conversation. This site used to be called InternetTabletTalk, now Talk.MAEMO.org but who knows what it'll be called once Maemo is gone--but we don't want to hear you go on about that--we demand that you, instead, remain on-topic and participate in the discussions we are having, closely or loosely bound to the original topic at-hand as they might be. I'll probably pass on buying an N9. It doesn't appear to be for me. I demand another Maemo/MeeGo device. Forgive my excellent English spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization.

PS - I love you, man. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What's a normal price?
Has ANYBODY indicated a price for this latest miracle of misfortunes?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ holland
400 euro will be fine,,,,

The Following User Says Thank You to hayman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Please remain on topic. I think most of us don't need to know that you're annoyed by related but diverging points of conversation. This site used to be called InternetTabletTalk, now Talk.MAEMO.org but who knows what it'll be called once Maemo is gone--but we don't want to hear you go on about that--we demand that you, instead, remain on-topic and participate in the discussions we are having, closely or loosely bound to the original topic at-hand as they might be. I'll probably pass on buying an N9. It doesn't appear to be for me. I demand another Maemo/MeeGo device. Forgive my excellent English spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization.

PS - I love you, man. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Thanx very funny
P.s don't use the word love ....it's make me feel uncomfortabel

Thanx very funny .

Last edited by hayman; 2011-07-07 at 19:51.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hayman For This Useful Post:
What's that in gold bullions? I don't like piddling exchange rates like paper money. If I were dealing in pictures of dead ex-presidents, I might not be willing to part with more than $200 USD for this pocket sized sliver of mutilated mockery of Maemo's marvelous potential, particularly in contrast to similarly specced hardware new and used.

P.s don't use the word love ....it's make me feel uncomfortabel
It made me feel like a hippie. I don't like that. Don't make me have to use it again.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Agree. That would be nice. But I'm sure it will be between 500 eur and 600 eur

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Agree. That would be nice. But I'm sure it will be between 500 eur and 600 eur
That will be an expensive device with HW like that ,the software untill know very fine...

Dan
You now have nearly a page full of posts directed againt your ranting (yes I know you call it disagreement and opinion, the rest call it ranting).

Heres the low down - you keep showelling your diasagreements on Nokia's direction and its devices since the N800 on all of us. Now while I may agree with some of your points, I dont keep spewing mya disagreements on and on and on - its just gets boring - even to myself. (So I dont know how you like hearing yourself spewing the same old points time and again).

Now here is what I feel from knowing a bit about what you are looking for - a Linux desktop experience on your mobile device.

You are on the wrong train buddy. That "Linux desktop experience" train departed with the N810.

With the N900 Nokia clearly stated its phone and mobile experience directions and with the N9 it only takes that further to a logical end - a very optimized and intuitive mobile experience. This train aint going to the Linux desktop land.

So instead of staying onboard on this train and screming "I want to go to Linux desktop land" and "I want Nokia to take me there" , why dont you get down and change your train to the one which will take you BACK ?

Now maybe, just maybe its because you can see many trains passing you by, the iOS Mobile experience train, the Android boxed experince in a JAVA VM train, the WM7 mobile experience train which is also trying to shed its desktop destinations after many futile bends and turns, the WebOS very much mobile centric experience train and so on ... and most of the trains you would want to be are not going your way.

Now this is purely my opinion - Its the mobile revolution - dont expect a good intuitive desktop experience on a mobile device - THAT was so 2001.
The only intuitive experience that seems to work (and being proven by the markets - yes the same markets that you swear by) is the mobile intuitive experience on a mobile device.

So good luck with trying to catch that train to your Desktop Linux experience land.

PS : In fact very soon, Apple would be upending the other theory that we held on to and found to be valid so far - that a desktop experience works very well on a desktop like device - with the new Lion OS thats about to change soon.. Yes its will be a slow change to that upending process.

Last edited by nilchak; 2011-07-07 at 20:35.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????