Posts: 37 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
Well damn, to late for me, any way to recover without a full reset?
At least we are not alone https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-33539

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Nieldk's and possibly other people's openrepos repositories contain system packages and the system tries to upgrade to those, such as bash - causing upgrade to botch in the middle.

This will manifest in your system applications ceasing to work.

I highly recommend enabling SSH server on your device before upgrading if you want to try and see what happens anyway

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Not everyone is allowed to download the update at the same time. They are limiting the max amount of downloads. I haven't been able to download thr update yet. Need to wait too...

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
This changelog looks great! No upgrade notification here yet - in fact I don't think I've ever had the luck to be a "first batch upgrader" on any damn device I've ever owned with OTA updates - but I can wait a few more hours no problem.

Particularly happy that there is now working calendar support, because that brings the Jolla out of the "technical nerd toy" category and drags it towards "useful life gadget". I still see having "upcoming events" clearly visible on the homescreen as a must-have, but perhaps that's something the community can do.

Just two things:
  • Please tell me it's now possible to search in the Mail app? What good is increasingly advanced "select multiple emails" functionality if I can't even find the mail I want?
  • Still no LTE? Shame. I guess it's not essential, but it's disappointing that this is still not available. Limited resources means tough decisions, I suppose, and stability/reliability has to be #1.

Can't wait to see a major positive difference on my device.

Last edited by shallimus; 2014-03-17 at 19:33.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
1 out of 3 now updated. First one went without problems, second is now in installing phase. Third one will be updated later.

Email is now easier to read because I need more horizontal space. This is great.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by max_power View Post
At least we are not alone https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-33539
WTF? How can we fix it? No apps work in my phone...

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
WTF? How can we fix it? No apps work in my phone...
Can you hear the ghost of Jobs?

"You don't need that - your user experience is superior without the distraction of working apps".

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
We're having 'repair the Jolla device due to 3rd party repository breaking your device' clinic in #jollamobile at irc.freenode.net.

You'll need to have SSH server enabled on your device before being able to, else it's a recovery mode thing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Nieldk's and possibly other people's openrepos repositories contain system packages and the system tries to upgrade to those, such as bash - causing upgrade to botch in the middle.

This will manifest in your system applications ceasing to work.

I highly recommend enabling SSH server on your device before upgrading if you want to try and see what happens anyway
I love how my useless post about warehouse screwing with OS update available notifications became relevant

So for the not-that-perfectly-versed in the specifics: What do I do to disable openrepos? I have warehouse installed, do I disable all the listed repos in "my profile"? I tried doing that with one, and after that it completely disappeared from the list - I thought it would still be there only "disabled". Ist that a bad thing?

A small hint what exactly to do with warehouse before the update would be great.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"