Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
News from this morning...

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kotimaa/1195...mautetaan.html

Half of staff will be on forced leave (temporary halt in jobs and salaries as an alternative to layoffs) because of financial troubles. Doesn't look good.
and i just ordered phone...

More details... they have been doing another round of additional financing which should have been completed this month, but for some reason it has been delayed. Which in capital intensive startup means that liquidity is very thin.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
"According to Lassila, the delivery of Jolla tablet devices to customers is aimed to be secured, despite the difficulties. The company's key personnel will not be laid off according to him." from Aamulehti

Last edited by att; 2015-11-19 at 09:22.

Originally Posted by att View Post
"According to Lassila, the delivery of Jolla tablet devices to customers is aimed to be secured, despite the difficulties"
Hoooraay we get to suffer on!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Was I negative enough this time?
There was absolutely nothing negative in your post.

Where is ZogG when you need him?

Google Translate....so pinch of salt required...

The operating system developer IT company to establish a broad layoffs Yle news broadcast. Late in the tablet's fate is uncertain.

It Jolla company will lay off more than half of its personnel, says Aamulehti. The reason for the financial difficulties. Jolla is according to the magazine worked with over a hundred employees.

Jolla Communications Director Juhani Lassila confirms layoffs Yle news broadcast. Developed by the company's tablet is the delivery schedule of late, and Lassila unable confident to promise its coming.

- It is an aim, otherwise I can not say at the moment. Financial means meant to find.

Economic difficulties Jolla related financing round, which was supposed to expire in November. Financing round is now Communications Director Lassila according delayed.

Having to develop their own mobile devices Sailfish OS. In this and other small järjestelmäkehittäjillä a total of modest slice of 0.3 percent of market. Lion's shares are Google's Android and Apple's iOSilla. Communications Director feels that in business space is available.

- It is a challenging, but interesting position. Consumers are interested in the options.

High expectations Jolla on to India, where the largest smart phone manufacturer to take in new cell phones Sailfish system.

Tiina lankinen
Yle

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
This turn of events could do with its own thread.

So I log in for my daily dose of tomfoolery here and find this news.

One year after the campaign launches no less.

I guess it is time to face reality that we may truly never see delivery of more tablets.

I don't know about anyone else, I am considering this closed. I need closure.

If, for some reason, Antti Saarnio's statement from Slush (albeit still ambiguous) is correct and one day a tablet arrives, it will be a happy surprise and an outdated tablet.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
jFraud 1.0 ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kotimaa/1195...mautetaan.html

Half of staff will be on forced leave (temporary halt in jobs and salaries as an alternative to layoffs) because of financial troubles. Doesn't look good.
It looks like they are also late in paying some of their bills according to that.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund