Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
There is an interview here with UK distributor Graig Rothwell
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Vario...ews.asp?c=8667

it contains a lot of background and current information.

Pre-orders can be made at the end of September via http://openpandora.org. The first production run is only 3000 units so be quick.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, there's also an article on Engadget on around Christmas release date and price of around £200.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Is there an RSS feed from their site, so you can keep up on news? Not just the developer blog, but "hey, we started accepting pre-orders today!" or something like that level of news? ... I know, wishful thinking.

But, at that price, I could almost consider it to be a donation to an open source project, even if the device never meets my needs. (though, I don't doubt that it could)

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Is there an RSS feed from their site, so you can keep up on news? Not just the developer blog, but "hey, we started accepting pre-orders today!" or something like that level of news? ... I know, wishful thinking.
There's a mailing list for it.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
yeah. I saw that. Rather have an RSS feed for it. That way it doesn't clutter up my mailbox(es).

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
yeah. I saw that. Rather have an RSS feed for it. That way it doesn't clutter up my mailbox(es).
Subscribers to the preorder mailing list will receive one message and one only. It'll be something like this: "It's ready. You can order now."

I don't know how low your clutter threshold is, but I can easily live with that.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Canada
I am defiantly buying one of these as soon as they are available! it looks great!

Originally Posted by jchord View Post
I am defiantly buying one of these as soon as they are available! it looks great!
Who or what will you be defying?

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by jchord View Post
I'm interested to know, out of all the people proclaiming their desire to purchase one of these devices, how many of you can tell me what sort of software it will be shipping with?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Well, I'm not committed, and I can tell you all relevant details.

It will be Linux!
It will be Free!

Of course, same goes for Softlanding; someone should get working on an SLS port for the NITs...