Guys, I am not a programmer. But I've had an idea which at least in theory looks feasible. It should be possible to use a symbian phone's keyboard via bluetooth as a sort of joystick for the n8x0 tablets. Maybe it is even possible in python as it runs on both platforms. Additionally, perhaps it would be able to utilise N95/N95-8GB accelerometer as a control mechanism. It would make playing many games a breeze. Anyone up for the chalenge ?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I made this similar suggestion in the Accessories subboard.

I have a Nokia 9300 with a full QWERTY keyboard and BT. It shouldn't be took difficult for someone to write a Symbian 80 or Java application that makes it emulate a BT HID keyboard.

That way I wouldn't have to carry yet-another-gadget around (like a BT keyboard) with me.

Great idea, but who could do it? I've thought about posting at the Nokia developers site, but the last time I went there, they had discontinued the Series 80 subboard.

I was thinking about the s60 devices. Python has been ported to those and I have seen a lot of interesting applications of the accelerometer. Eg, a leveler, beer drinking simulator, etc... plenty of potential.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
If they can do it with Symbian 60, it ought to be a simple port to recompile under Symbian 80.

I've posted a couple of feeler messages on some Symbian sites to see if anyone has done it or would consider trying it.