Anybody else having trouble with a *kaboom* problem? Whenever maemo-mapper loses contact with my GPS receiver, it crashes. Worse, it hasn't saved the track.

IMHO, the track should be flushed to disk every 10 seconds. Remember where the last point was written in the XML stream, seek back to that point, write out the new points &etc.

Then if you crash, no problem.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Greensboro, NC
I have the same problem and have learned to keep the receiver "near" my N800. It also helps to save your track periodically. I seem to recall that this is not really a "crash" but a program "feature" to save battery usage. Nevertheless, MM is truly a fantastic program IMHO and many, many thanks to gnuite for developing and maintaining it!

Anybody else having trouble with a *kaboom* problem? Whenever maemo-mapper loses contact with my GPS receiver, it crashes. Worse, it hasn't saved the track.
Exactly. The same if you just turn GPS off. This is the biggest problem. I was going to use N800 instead of Sony GPS tracker, but it seems unusable for now.

And what is the point of XML? Is it really useful to have XML for coordinates? Can't it just append coordinates to the file, instead of entirely rewriting it?