I know I have only used the 770 for about 2 months, but I have yet to actually use the buttons on the front. The tops ones, yes, but not the front ones. Might have to try them sometime.

I would be surprised if they didn't use the same OS, as that has taken a heck of a lot of work to get to this point. Just like in the win world, at some point, you need more hp to run the programs than the system has - maybe that will happen in the next few years. If so, I can pass it on to my wife and get a new one.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
They haven't caught up to me on the legal request yet. I got the image from Engadget, so...

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I thought about it. As a journalist, I got the image from a public source and can name that source. It's out in the wild and there's no stopping it. However, if they WANT me to take it down, I'll do so IF they put me under NDA and send me a unit for review so I can post the review simultaneous with their official release. I think that's fair. What do you all think?

If you want to see the removed image, my .sig file is right there

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
So Mike, do you think Nokia will give you yet another free Internet Tablet to roast?
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Originally Posted by =DC=
So Mike, do you think Nokia will give you yet another free Internet Tablet to roast?

the fact alone he hasn't explored all of the facets of the distributions, but feels justified in griping about everything, says he doesn't deserve the chance.

and my backup for this statement was his question about "the red dot" at the top of the display.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by HarryN
I know I have only used the 770 for about 2 months, but I have yet to actually use the buttons on the front. The tops ones, yes, but not the front ones.
Same here. Bought the 770 in March and hardly ever use the 3 small front buttons. They're inconvenient to reach, whereas my index finger is exactly where the top buttons are and my thumb rests at the navigational pad.

I'd be very surprised if this kidney-shaped new thing really did not have the buttons at the top (although I have to admit from the picture it looks as if they're gone).

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by benny1967
Same here. Bought the 770 in March and hardly ever use the 3 small front buttons. They're inconvenient to reach, whereas my index finger is exactly where the top buttons are and my thumb rests at the navigational pad.

I'd be very surprised if this kidney-shaped new thing really did not have the buttons at the top (although I have to admit from the picture it looks as if they're gone).
I agree. I would rather have the top zoom and full view buttons, than the front buttons. It is very disturbing to not see them. Hopefully, they are just out of sight in the picture.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by benny1967

I tend to use the "menu" key quite a lot, mainly because just about the first thing I do after opening the browser, is hit the "full screen" button. It's a shame there's no way to make Opera open maximized by default (at least, I haven't found a way to do it), or the possibility to remap the buttons (ditto). I'd really like to be able to remap the "full screen" button to "menu", provided I could get apps to open full screen by default.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I use the power button (to go into offline mode to save battery power), the zoom buttons extensively, and the fullpage one almost as much as the zoom. PERFECT positioning. The only button I use on the front of the unit is the Home key so I can quickly check the clock to see what time it is.

I might use the directional pad if it werent using the same switches as the other buttons. It reminds me of those old tactile feedback IBM keyboards minus the 'KA-CHUNG!' noise. The switches under it need to be less clicky (think of something like the old nintendo/sega directonal pads)

The scrollbutton idea is neat considering the thing *is* an internet tablet...